Thread: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Quote Originally Posted by elan120 View Post
    Outstanding review, Ted,

I may have to try these when my speakers are delivered. The improments outlined in your review are attributes I also would like to get in my system.

Thanks for the link. Bookmarked.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Beware that it is quite easy to 'hear' improvements when those improvements are expected. Try to do any listening tests blind. Have someone else switch them out and see if you can hear a difference.
    Nate

Thumbs up Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Beware that it is quite easy to 'hear' improvements when those improvements are expected. Try to do any listening tests blind. Have someone else switch them out and see if you can hear a difference.
    Nate,

Great point!

These past 2 months, my eldest son and I spent 3 weeks switching out 5 pairs of speaker cables (Monster Cable Pro- Monoprice Access - Knu Koncepts KL3 OFC - BJC Canare 4S11 Sonic Welded and Morrow Audio SP4). Using very familiar and specific genre cuts, we started out performing blind listening test and after many listening sessions, started comparing comments. We were within 90% agreement on audible changes, descriptions, positives and negatives. It was an arduous long task, but we always kept coming back to the Morrow Audio SP4 cables for their ease, precision, depth, focus and realism of holographic venue presentation and bandwidth timbre/resolution accuracy!!

Break-in timing (for cable sets to settle out and reach their best performances) were:

Monster - (about 35 years!-smooth, balanced but diffused soundstage)
    Mono - (100 hrs-Strident and flat presentation from the onset)
    Knu K - (300 Hrs-slowly improved, but would never open up soundstage depth-harsh highs and not dynamic)
    BJC C - (100 Hrs-for $$$, Very Good, but w/300+ hrs, would not yield a soundstage as deep as the Morrows)
    Morrow - (275 Hrs total-arrived with 10-days of burn-in from Morrrow=highs-mids-soundstage Came Superb...Bass took 24 hrs, then came in with the Thunder of Thor!)

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!