Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Sorry for the delays... This is a tough one to nail down but we are just about there. It is looking like dimensions will be ~ 10.5" high x 5.75" wide x 6" deep (not including grille).

Attached is a quick render comparing the front baffle of the Sierra Sat vs Sierra-1 / Sierra-2

render1.jpg

Cute little bugger -- should end up being -3dB at around 65Hz.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

It IS cute. What does it look like against the HTM-200?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dude View Post
    It IS cute. What does it look like against the HTM-200?
    It's a bit smaller than the 200's...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Nice...front slot port!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Nice...front slot port!
    Proper port tuning for this speaker is incredibly challenging... Port length needs to be 9" deep.... this is going to be a rather complex cabinet.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

.... and then somehow also fit a crossover in there,
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    .... and then somehow also fit a crossover in there,
    I know I can speak for many others....we have the utmost confidence in you!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I know I can speak for many others....we have the utmost confidence in you!
    Just hope this little guy doesn't end up costing MORE than a pair of Sierra-2.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Sorry for the delays... This is a tough one to nail down but we are just about there. It is looking like dimensions will be ~ 10.5" high x 5.75" wide x 6" deep (not including grille).

Attached is a quick render comparing the front baffle of the Sierra Sat vs Sierra-1 / Sierra-2

render1.jpg

Cute little bugger -- should end up being -3dB at around 65Hz.
    The slot port looks very nice. I imagine the internal anatomy being more complex than the Sierra 1/2 due to the port being integrated in the woodwork as opposed to a tube. A bonus is the added rigidity the woodwork will provide.

Dave, do you expect the Sats to sound at least as "big' as the CBMs? I have a 5.1 all-CBM set up and just love the "big-speaker" sound the CBMs make in my room.

Lately, however, I have been looking for a smaller box footprint and tried the RSL CG4 speakers. They are almost exactly of the same dimensions as the proposed Sats but unfortunately their sound seemed to have "shrunk" in my listening area. The "big speaker" sound of the CBMs were gone. What I liked, though, was the small footprint of the RSLs.

If the Sierra Sats can match the CBM's "big" sound I will be very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    The slot port looks very nice. I imagine the internal anatomy being more complex than the Sierra 1/2 due to the port being integrated in the woodwork as opposed to a tube. A bonus is the added rigidity the woodwork will provide.

Dave, do you expect the Sats to sound at least as "big' as the CBMs? I have a 5.1 all-CBM set up and just love the "big-speaker" sound the CBMs make in my room.

Lately, however, I have been looking for a smaller box footprint and tried the RSL CG4 speakers. They are almost exactly of the same dimensions as the proposed Sats but unfortunately their sound seemed to have "shrunk" in my listening area. The "big speaker" sound of the CBMs were gone. What I liked, though, was the small footprint of the RSLs.

If the Sierra Sats can match the CBM's "big" sound I will be very interested.
    Not Dave but based on his post you quoted those are almost the exact same size of the HTM200s. As for the big sound you'd be surprised what the HTM can put out despite being a sealed design and having 2 4" woofers along with the same tweeter found in the CBMs. These sats are are a first day buy for me, just what to do with my 1s, can't give any of my Sierras up.