Page 135 of 150 FirstFirst ... 130131132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Drew,you just didn't make my day.Now I'm afraid that after I hear my 2's,I'll have to explain to the wife why I need to upgrade both towers to Raals.I have been totally happy with the sound of the Nrt's.Yet,maybe,I am missing something as well as not letting my clientele have access to what maybe the best speakers out there not insanely priced.

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Question. Now that there are several pairs of Sierra-2s out in the wild, has anyone compared the bass response to the OG Sierra? I know what the numbers say but to the ear, is it really obvious?

When I first heard the Sierra-1, I was blown away by the bass response and couldn't believe all that bass was coming out of that speaker. Do you all get the same reaction to the Sierra-2?

Quote Originally Posted by RRT-NPS View Post
    Question. Now that there are several pairs of Sierra-2s out in the wild, has anyone compared the bass response to the OG Sierra? I know what the numbers say but to the ear, is it really obvious?

When I first heard the Sierra-1, I was blown away by the bass response and couldn't believe all that bass was coming out of that speaker. Do you all get the same reaction to the Sierra-2?
    No it's not noticeable but I also crossover at 60, bass seems better/tighter tbh. I think you'd still want a sub with either S1 or S2

With some music a sub isn't even needed as it degrades how nice the Sierra 2 sounds by itself. With that said most of the time I am running my Rythmik F12 with them... So awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    With some music a sub isn't even needed as it degrades how nice the Sierra 2 sounds by itself. With that said most of the time I am running my Rythmik F12 with them... So awesome!!!!
    Jealous!! I want one too! But can't afford it now!

Quote Originally Posted by RRT-NPS View Post

The numbers really don't describe the difference in the bass response. While the Sierra-1 does extend slightly deeper (might be audible depending on the source material and the room) the bass response of the Sierra-2 is tighter and more accurate with regard to transient accuracy, which I feel is easily audible.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
    I think you refer to the link below my signature, which is below curtis' post with the picture of the demo room.

The Geek Pulse DAC is a product that was crowd-funded through indiegogo. The link I have on my signature will take you to the webpage and you can see all its info. Its still has not been released and is in its development stage for release between mid April to May. No body other than the people at LH Labs have heard it and there are still components which still to be decided. It will be based on the ESS Reference SABRE32 ES9018-2KM Stereo DAC and will play PCM up to 384khz and up to DSD128 (and possibly DSD256 as well). I have upgraded it to a dual mono balanced differential configuration (includes balanced headphone drive as well) as well as other upgrades for power supply, active components in the analog stage and digital clocks. It should represent a great value against the competition once it is released and to bring it back to the Sierra-2, it should be able to extract all the sonic goodies to feed my system driving my Sierra-2s to make them shine even brighter!

You can still pre-order a Pulse DAC if you are interested for $499 and get it shipped to you when it hits the market. Even at that price and with basic configuration, it will be a capable DAC based on its features alone and what's out there in the market now... If you want more info I suggest you visit LHLabs.com and become a member of the Geek Temple forum so as not to deviate this thread from the Sierra-2 discussion.

ELI - How do the Sierra 2's sound with the TX-SR705? Do you feel a lack of any power or clipping when using all your speakers? I have a TX-SR875 and I plan to use it with the Towers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiolover458 View Post
    ELI - How do the Sierra 2's sound with the TX-SR705? Do you feel a lack of any power or clipping when using all your speakers? I have a TX-SR875 and I plan to use it with the Towers. Thanks.

They sound pretty good! Your SR875 has a beefier power supply and has a higher wattage supply than mine. Add to that the higher efficiency of the towers and you should have no problems driving them. I would recommend listening to two channel music using PURE AUDIO mode.

I still plan on getting a separate amp to drive them, though not necessary at all, but I heard my Sierra-2s driven by a Bryston 9b-ST power amp and they did sounded pretty good!, and in general , there are POS than CONS to using a separate power amp. But that's an upgrade for some other day. First is affording that Rythmik!!
    CURRENT SETUP:
    JRiver MC and PS3 -> Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI -> Sierra-2 LCR & Energy Take Classic surrounds and sub
    =============================================

So you are using the PC with JRIver to send your music and movies to the PS3 and then the PS3 is playing them through the SR-705? I need to figure out how to play my FLAC files that way because I keep on having issues and I am hard wired between my Router and the PS3.

I am getting a JL Sub with my Towers but will need to invest in a Center Horizon and at least a 3 Channel AMP but that is an upgrade for next year.

DO THE SIERRA2's not need a Stand. I do not get that option when I put them in my Cart but I do for the Sierra1's.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiolover458 View Post
    So you are using the PC with JRIver to send your music and movies to the PS3 and then the PS3 is playing them through the SR-705? I need to figure out how to play my FLAC files that way because I keep on having issues and I am hard wired between my Router and the PS3.

I am getting a JL Sub with my Towers but will need to invest in a Center Horizon and at least a 3 Channel AMP but that is an upgrade for next year.

DO THE SIERRA2's not need a Stand. I do not get that option when I put them in my Cart but I do for the Sierra1's.

Thanks.
    JLAudio subs dude! Mic drop!

Ok, regarding JRiver and music. Not quite. I use my PC with JRiver directly into the Onkyo using HDMI. Then I just use my iphone to control the music playback from JRIver. My plan in the future is use JRiver for everything. But not now... Priorities first (subwoofers)

Now, you can use JRiver as a DLNA server and it has PS3 specific settings so you can playback your FLAC files to the PS3 no problem. There are several settings to make this work. If you need help with it send me a PM or start a different thread so as not to deviate too much from the topic. The catch though is that the PS3 does not work as a dlna renderer. You need to browse from the ps3 menu the tracks you want to play. If you work based on playlists, that would be a better option. I prefer to go hdmi straight to the onkyo so I can play my stereo and multichannel music as well as my hi-res files to the Onkyo. It's more flexible for me that way.

The Sierra-2s need a stand in my opinion. I recently bought the Sanus SF-26. They are in the ballpark of having the tweeters at ear position and they look great! and they also sound better! There is more focus on things. Probably because they are not vibrating as much like when they were in my diy movie shelf. Will post a picture later.