Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning off EXBAC on 340SE center.

Default Re: Turning off EXBAC on 340SE center.

Thanks Dave! Excellent response as usual! I guess I will leave mine engaged then!
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Default Re: Turning off EXBAC on 340SE center.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Probably best to call Ascend on this.

I am sure they do not want people opening up their 340's on their own without a word of caution.
    The first thing I'd do when purchasing a new loudspeaker is to take it apart...

LOL

I do this to checkout the drivers, xover components, cabinet bracing and dampening material/stuffing. It's a real good indicator as to the quality of a loudspeaker. Also you can adjust the dampening material/stuffing to make a speaker sound better. Manufactured big name loudspeakers almost always can benefit from some dampening material adjustment as it's done in a half assed manner in the factory in Asia right...

You do need to be careful not to damage a driver's cone though. And pulling drivers in/out of a cab is something you get used to handling. It's due to the center of gravity of the driver. It's just like handling an old CRT TV as to the screwy center of gravity. It's just like handling a nice SLR camera. You don't touch the lens on a camera just like you don't touch the surround or cone. Especially the surround... never touch that guys! The acid from your hands will eat away the rubber in that one spot years later.
    Last edited by HiroPro; 11-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.