Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
Just out of curiosity, I know running Luna's in surround is nice, but completely overkill unless you're listening to multi-channel audio. I believe Dave uses the HTM-200's as surrounds in his listening room. In movies, surround sound is only used for ambient sounds, and special effects. As long as the speakers are voice matched, which all the Ascend speakers are, then you'll have the same immersive experience. Also, again for primarily HT use, you'll be fine with the Sierra-2 vs the Sierra Towers w RAAL unless you need more db's or want a little more quality in the midrange. Stereo music is where you'll notice the bigger difference between the Sierra 2's vs the towers. As for me, for my HT, I went with Sierra-1 NrT's for my mains, Horizon RAAL for my center (this is where the bulk of the work is done, dialog), Rythmik FVHP15 sub, and some paradigm bi-polars in the rear. I couldn't waste the Luna's and have them in my office, and my Sierra-2 are in my dedicated 2.1 stereo system in the bedroom. I'm planning on upgrading the Sierra-2 to Sierra Towers and now that I know that Dave is raising is prices... now is that time
If I’m understanding you correctly, you have tried the Sierra Luna’s as surround and found them to be overkill for your HT use, so you moved them to an office setup?

I too use my Sierra 2s for a HT setup and I am debating the Lunas for surrounds. I’m pretty much convinced to use HTM 200s for surround backs.