No one else has stuck their neck out with a guess at the prices yet?

Well then, let me be the first

So I am going to take a stab that Dave F. will end up creating two new speaker models: The Sierra Sat (1x RAAL ribbon tweeter + 1x 4.5" SEAS CURV mid-woofer), and the Sierra Sat Center (1x RAAL ribbon tweeter + 2x 4.5" SEAS CURV mid-woofers).

I'm making a guess that a pair of Sierra Sat mini-monitors will cost $1168/pair

And I'm going to guess that the Sierra Sat Center ends up being $698 each.

Total guesses! I hope I don't end up putting Dave in a sticky situation if they end up costing more (which they bloody well should! ). But I'm taking a somewhat educated guess based upon prior price points and margins, as well as how these price points would fit in amongst the other Ascend models at their current price points.

Some of my reasoning here (aside from guessing at component costs and margins) is that at $1168/pair, the Sierra Sats would cost just a tiny bit more than the Sierra-1 NrT (which they should), but they'd be a substantial savings vs. the Sierra-2.

For the Sierra Sat Center, I'm much more unsure. Maybe it would make sense for it to cost more than a Sierra-2 Center since it will have 2x 4.5" mid-woofers? But I figure that the Sierra-2 will still play lower in the bass, and I figure the Sierra Sat Center will have a smaller cabinet. So I've guessed that it will end up costing less than a Sierra-2 Center.

Anyways, that's me taking a stab at guessing the price points. Obviously, my guesses are for the least expensive finish option - whatever that ends up being - most likely matte black, I would assume.

Definitely going to be cool to have these as an option for on-wall Surrounds as well as on-ceiling Atmos speakers!

- Rob H. - AV Rant Podcast co-host