Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
If all goes as planned, this will be our most significant upgrade yet. ...this will be an optional "uber performance" upgrade, available as factory new or DIY. I am extremely excited about this and have invested a significant sum to make this happen for you guys
This version will firmly place the Sierra-1 into the ranks of the best bookshelf speaker at any price anywhere... Our customers asked for this and we are going to deliver BIG TIME!
We are essentially designing and building custom parts from the ground up and committing to large enough purchase quantities to take maximum advantage of volume discounting to keep price points reasonable.
Emphasis mine. I think the hint is the DIY option, not to mention the "uber performance." That does narrow it down based on what we know from previously mentioned prototype designs.

Yup, Dave knows how to tease us.

Might I add additional possibilities to logicology's list:
  • internal Class-H amplification of 2000 watts into 8 ohms (>120 dB SN @ 1 watt)
  • chameleon finish options to automatically blend into any decor
  • nano technology upgrade for improved sonic performance when evaluated in the realm of quantum mechanics

Whatever it is, I gotta have it!