Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We really need a 200SE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh, man. Just finally ordered my Sierra 1 center to match my mains and now I am going to have to start saving again. I had totally ruled out ever going 7.1 in my current room, but if I had such a small speaker that could be wall mounted or placed on some wall mounted shelves, it might actually work. I am going to have to do some serious thinking. Great news Dave!

Chris

Thumbs up

Well I received my 200SE's on Friday and have been listening to them stricktly in surround mode. They are fantastic!!! Definately an improvement when listening to DVD-A SACD material. The 200 was a great surround speaker to begin with and now, it is even better. I feel that crossing over at 80hz is perfect for this speaker now. Being that my room will not allow for 170SE as surrounds, I feel as if now with the 200SE's I am not missing out much if anything that the 170SE's would offer.
    Dave, thanks for listening to your customers and giving us the 200SE

Now, I am looking forward to seeing the graphs and specs for this new speaker. Please tell me that you will post them soon......
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

As we plan for the formal release of the 200 SE, I thought I would post a few pictures of the new high performance 4" woofer. The heart of our products has always been the drivers, and the new 200 SE is no exception.

These new 4" woofers use much of the same advancements found in the incredible 5 1/4" woofer used in the Sierra-1. These include high compliance combined with low inductance, increased excursion and a low resonance frequency. The results are greatly improved dynamics and deeper bass extension, without sacrificing efficiency while keeping cabinet volume the same.

The cast aluminum frame is deeper to allow for greater excursion, the magnet assembly is considerably larger to create a stronger magnetic field which provides better damping of the cone and more accurate transient reproduction.

The now "classic" HTM-200 used a custom built audiophile grade 4" woofer -- the new HTM-200 SE woofer is a tremendous upgrade and I seriously doubt you will find a higher performing 4" woofer anywhere. For a 4” woofer, it is simply THAT good

Attached are pics of the new woofer and the new woofer compared to the HTM-200 classic woofer.

Enjoy!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wow, very nice Dave. I bet those would make for a nice set of computer speakers.

Just today I sent off my 2 pair of HTM-200's to Ascend to be upgraded to these 200 SE's. They are the surrounds (rear and sides) that go with Sierra's as L/C/R. I really like lively surrounds for HT; I set mine up to ~ 80 dB with the L/C/R at 75. With football games, e.g., you get a truly emersive feeling of being in the stadium. So I'm looking forward to having the 200 SE's to go with the Sierra's up front!