Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I would say resolution is easily on par with Sierra-1's, with a slight disadvantage in resolution compared to the Luna (due to the RAAL ribbon tweeter). The 340SE2 offer effortless dynamics combined with high efficiency and a very smooth non-fatiguing yet detailed presentation.
    Thanks for the reply. Are there particular situations where you would recommend the Sierra 1 over the 340SE2 or vice versa?

I've got Sierra 1's right now in my stereo, I've got a game room surround set up around the corner (as my storage space becomes empty) and I'm kinda thinking between building out a Sierra 1 surround system vs doing a 340SE2. I'm leaning toward the 340SE2 because I'm pretty happy with the Sierra 1 running in 2.0. I believe the 340SE2 doesn't dig as deep, but that would be a non issue for me since I would have a subwoofer for the lows.
    Last edited by Nnice; 03-16-2023 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnice View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Are there particular situations where you would recommend the Sierra 1 over the 340SE2 or vice versa?

I've got Sierra 1's right now in my stereo, I've got a game room surround set up around the corner (as my storage space becomes empty) and I'm kinda thinking between building out a Sierra 1 surround system vs doing a 340SE2. I'm leaning toward the 340SE2 because I'm pretty happy with the Sierra 1 running in 2.0. I believe the 340SE2 doesn't dig as deep, but that would be a non issue for me since I would have a subwoofer for the lows.
    I would recommend Sierra-1 over 340SE2 if priority is 2-channel music listening, and especially if no sub. Yes, 340SE2 do not dig nearly as deep as the Sierra-1. With a subwoofer, 340SE2 are fantastic and the high efficiency combined with effortless dynamics is ideal for a multichannel system where priority is gaming and/or home theater. 340SE2 + sub are also terrific for music, they are really a do-it-all speaker.

For this system and usage, 340SE2 are the way to go....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Can the new 340SE2 be placed horizontally for L/R or is that not recommended? I am looking for something to fit my limited front stage space. I would them match with the 340SE2 center, 2 subwoofers and additional surrounds. Thanks in advance for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmuffin View Post
    Can the new 340SE2 be placed horizontally for L/R or is that not recommended? I am looking for something to fit my limited front stage space. I would them match with the 340SE2 center, 2 subwoofers and additional surrounds. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Why not do three 340SE centers across the front stage. Essentially they're the same design and configuration...only change is how the production series label are attached...on back...iirc.
    Last edited by billy p; 03-21-2023 at 09:23 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Just an update as I lost time enjoying the new 340SE2s. I don't have any quantitative data, but they sound awesome. They were packaged VERY well, & even with a subwoofer they have a decent amount of bass. The best compliment I could give them is the large sound stage. I don't really notice any "sweet spots". I walk around the large living room and it just sounds big, loud, and very clear without noticeable distortion. They run well on my simple Denon AVR and they look good too.

Very happy I went with these!

Wow, I had not even thought of that. That is a pretty nifty idea. My other thought was to find some mini stands (roughly 12") for the L/R that would still work to sit just below my screen in a vertical orientation. Then just 1 center. All things being equal - should I go with the mini stands solution over the 3 centers? Thanks for your advice!

should I go with the mini stands solution over the 3 centers?
    I would think a pair plus one center is cheaper than 3 340SE2 centers. As already stated, there are no technical differences between the pair and center.

Quote Originally Posted by bac2010 View Post
    I would think a pair plus one center is cheaper than 3 340SE2 centers. As already stated, there are no technical differences between the pair and center.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bac2010 View Post
    Thank you!
    Yes...it's cheaper...I should have been more clear...lol... orient them how you like 3 vertical, horizontally or traditional LR and CC.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Wow, I had not even thought of that. That is a pretty nifty idea. My other thought was to find some mini stands (roughly 12") for the L/R that would still work to sit just below my screen in a vertical orientation. Then just 1 center. All things being equal - should I go with the mini stands solution over the 3 centers? Thanks for your advice!
    If you have the space, I would do all 3 on the mini-stands for the most consistent sound across your front sound stage.