Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

I sorely miss him and wanna play homage to IMO...
    Rocks greatest lyricist and vocal range.

Miss you Chris...

https://youtu.be/dApSggATER4
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Yes, a big lose to Rock. Awesome album.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    I sorely miss him and wanna play homage to IMO...
    Rocks greatest lyricist and vocal range.

Miss you Chris...

https://youtu.be/dApSggATER4
    Miss him too -- huge loss!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Holy crap. This forum has introduced me to some GREAT music.

I saw Pineapple Thief at Amplified Live in Dallas on Friday night, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a concert more. The band was tight, the venue was wonderful, and seeing and hearing Gavin Harrison in person was everything I expected it to be. Bruce Soord was a very charismatic showman and really engaged with the audience - something I didn't expect. To top things off, a minute before the band took the stage, a couple came up to me and invited me to sit with them in the VIP area because they had an extra seat due to a no-show in their group. So I saw the concert comfortably seated right in front of the stage while a waiter brought be free drinks

A few pics from the concert are attached. Now my wife got me tickets to see Porcupine Tree in Boston in September - by chance we are going to be in New England for a wedding while they are there, so this was my birthday present. I'm excited for that one!

https://imgur.com/a/lJvLFdA

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Miss him too -- huge loss!
    Indeed. I was very lucky to get to see Soundgarden when they toured with Nine Inch Nails (I'm a big NIN fan) and got tickets in the second row center. Amazing show.

Speaking of great shows, I just saw The Warning last week. You don't know The Warning? You should definitely check them out.

EDIT: Hmm, posting video doesn't seem to work. Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLuB2xLl-8
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalTriumph View Post
    Holy crap. This forum has introduced me to some GREAT music.

I saw Pineapple Thief at Amplified Live in Dallas on Friday night, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a concert more. The band was tight, the venue was wonderful, and seeing and hearing Gavin Harrison in person was everything I expected it to be. Bruce Soord was a very charismatic showman and really engaged with the audience - something I didn't expect. To top things off, a minute before the band took the stage, a couple came up to me and invited me to sit with them in the VIP area because they had an extra seat due to a no-show in their group. So I saw the concert comfortably seated right in front of the stage while a waiter brought be free drinks

A few pics from the concert are attached. Now my wife got me tickets to see Porcupine Tree in Boston in September - by chance we are going to be in New England for a wedding while they are there, so this was my birthday present. I'm excited for that one!

https://imgur.com/a/lJvLFdA
    Fantastic! Pineapple Thief is an incredible band. They are playing in San Diego this Thursday. I was planning on going but unfortunately, the timing doesn't work as it my daughter's end-of-the-year banquet for Stunt is also that night. She will be receiving her Varsity Letter, so I must be there, otherwise i'd be going to the concert. They are also playing in up in Los Angeles, but that is quite a drive but if I can find someone to join me, I will be there.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Indeed. I was very lucky to get to see Soundgarden when they toured with Nine Inch Nails (I'm a big NIN fan) and got tickets in the second row center. Amazing show.

Speaking of great shows, I just saw The Warning last week. You don't know The Warning? You should definitely check them out.

EDIT: Hmm, posting video doesn't seem to work. Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLuB2xLl-8
    Enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.
    You’re welcome. Just found out they have a new album coming out June 24th. I’m definitely looking forward to that!
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Thanks for sharing that video from The Warning. I liked it too!
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD