Thread: Bamboo for full range driver

Default Bamboo for full range driver

IÂ’m doing a diy speaker build from a French company which uses a full range driver. They have plans for the cabinet but donÂ’t specify materials. I assume they plan mdf. I donÂ’t know how realistic it is to find and build with bamboo but anyone have advise on how frequency range is impacted by csbinet material The design I am planning starts dropping off below 100hz and below 70 more so. Cabinets ported bookshelfÂ’s.

If any simple books on cabinet / speaker design useful for understanding this topic appreciate any references. Thx.

Default Re: Bamboo for full range driver

Quote Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
    IÂ’m doing a diy speaker build from a French company which uses a full range driver. They have plans for the cabinet but donÂ’t specify materials. I assume they plan mdf. I donÂ’t know how realistic it is to find and build with bamboo but anyone have advise on how frequency range is impacted by csbinet material The design I am planning starts dropping off below 100hz and below 70 more so. Cabinets ported bookshelfÂ’s.

If any simple books on cabinet / speaker design useful for understanding this topic appreciate any references. Thx.
    If the company building the speaker cabinet has no experience in building with bamboo ply, I strongly recommend not attempting to do so.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com