Thread: Matching diff gen towers and center

Default Matching diff gen towers and center

Hi folks. I own a set of ascend speakers for home theater, but want to upgrade my left and right to towers. Has anyone else upgraded to the ELX towers for use with an older Horizon v1 center and Sierra surrounds? Trying to decide if it's worth splurging for the top end, or if I'd be better off going with Sierra Tower V2s for closer sound consistency across the front stage in particular. 90% movie use...

Thanks!

Default Re: Matching diff gen towers and center

I'd get the ELX or V2 kits for all three. Even the v2 route imo is substantially better vs the V1s.
    Consensus here will tell you go for the ELX path( same time & work involved vs doing V2 upgrade)....all things considered...the work the CC processes for HT using the V1....will not keep pace with your new mains...
    Last edited by billy p; 09-09-2024 at 11:03 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini, Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Hi folks. I own a set of ascend speakers for home theater, but want to upgrade my left and right to towers. Has anyone else upgraded to the ELX towers for use with an older Horizon v1 center and Sierra surrounds? Trying to decide if it's worth splurging for the top end, or if I'd be better off going with Sierra Tower V2s for closer sound consistency across the front stage in particular. 90% movie use...

Thanks!
    For a system where you are putting high priority on movies, I do strongly recommend going with the ELX upgrade. The dynamic capabilities alone of the ELX make it highly worthwhile. Then, later down the line - you can then upgrade your Horizon to match.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

People put too much into "Same".
    I used to be the same way, I had ascend speakers as fronts before.

I have a 340SEC, and jbl studio 790s as mains(can't get much further different).
    That 340SEC does pretty awesome, I don't think about it anymore,
    I don't listen to stuff that runs across the screen all day, and even if I did, how many times, and for what duration?
    This is way overblown IMHO.