Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 267268269270271272
Results 2,711 to 2,714 of 2714

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by DustinB View Post
    Hi Curtis, I’m in a studio apartment so I have a less than ideal listening space. The room is 19ft by 11. With a queen size bed on one side and a love seat at the foot of the bed. I was thinking I could put the towers on each side of the bed. They would be about 6 feet apart and about a foot from the wall. I would be about 8 feet from the speakers.
    How good is the soundproofing in your apartment building and how loud do you like to listen? Towers feel like overkill in a 200 square foot studio, especially if you have to listen pretty quiet to avoid angering your neighbors. When I lived in apartments, I had pretty basic bookshelf speakers for TV and movies and got really into headphone audio to listen to music.

Perhaps overkill but if he has the budget, may as well go for the top of the line. No FOMO. Investment made if he moves to a bigger place.

Sound proofing is pretty good. I don’t share any walls with any other unit. I am on the bottom floor and I can hear the bass from the unit above me sometimes but it isn’t too loud. I don’t need to listen to my speakers real loud. My initial budget was about 3k and someone recommended the Sierra towers but if I’m already spending that much why not make the jump to the elx. I rather buy once rather than spending the money on a setup I’ll want to upgrade later. It does feel a little silly though spending so much on towers for my small space. I would really love to hear them to get an idea of what I’m buying and how they sound on moderate playing levels.

IMO, definitely worth the money to go to ELX versus v2, although I’ve not heard v2. My Towers started as v1 and I upgraded them myself. Completely different speaker and better performance across the board. They do sound great at low to moderate volumes.

Only you can decide if the Towers are worth the money for your space.

I think you are in SF. If you ever get to SoCal, you could always set up an audition at Ascend