Thread: TP-24 speaker stand assembly

Default TP-24 speaker stand assembly

I just got my TP-24 stands and am wondering if anyone who has put them together can help with a couple of questions:

1) The base of the stand has a curved edge and a flat edge. The pedestals have a front (finished panel) and rear (the less-finished panel showing the seams).

Is the curved side of the base meant to be on the finished side of the pedestal (the front side) or on the rear side of the pedestal (the rear, where seams are showing)? I can’t tell from the photos on the website or the printed instructions.

2) I have four washers. Where are the washers meant to be installed? Between the pedestal and the base of the stand?

3) Would it be reasonable to use blue loctite on the screws attaching the base of the stand to the pedestal? I assume so, but it never hurts to ask.

4) Are there plastic plugs to go in the hole at the top of the pedestal? I did not see any in the packaging, and there’s not a packing list.

Default Re: TP-24 speaker stand assembly

Dina called after I posted the questions above.

1. The curved side of the base faces forward. So, there is a forward-facing ledge at the bottom. I was going to guess the opposite (having the curved edge facing towards the back to improve stability in case someone bumps the speaker from the front).

2. The washers go between the pedestal and base plate.

3. There is no need to use blue loctite.

I didn't ask about the plastic plug for the hole in the top of the pedestal because I read elsewhere on the forum that it's not provided or considered necessary.

Maybe this will help someone in the future who stumbles across this post.

For what it's worth, I filled them each with 25.57 pounds of plain kitty litter to fill each half way to the top. Filling them half was with kitty litter was recommended by David Fabrikant in e-mail, and it worked out perfectly. I would not want them any heavier and the kitty litter dampens them very well.

Plain kitty litter is just bentonite, a naturally occurring clay mineral. I got Dr. Elsey’s Premium Clumping Cat Litter because it is pure bentonite: no scent or extra chemicals (as far as I can tell). I used a shipping scale and did the filling in my kitchen. There was very little dust (I hardly noticed any).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009X29WK

I am talking to myself here, but hopefully it helps someone down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by piaresquared View Post
    For what it's worth, I filled them each with 25.57 pounds of plain kitty litter to fill each half way to the top. Filling them half was with kitty litter was recommended by David Fabrikant in e-mail, and it worked out perfectly. I would not want them any heavier and the kitty litter dampens them very well.

Plain kitty litter is just bentonite, a naturally occurring clay mineral. I got Dr. Elsey’s Premium Clumping Cat Litter because it is pure bentonite: no scent or extra chemicals (as far as I can tell). I used a shipping scale and did the filling in my kitchen. There was very little dust (I hardly noticed any).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009X29WK

I am talking to myself here, but hopefully it helps someone down the road.
    Thanks for the info - I don't frequent the forums here too often anymore, but just ordered a pair of Sierra 1 v2s with the TP24 stands. I also am using a pair of TP24 stands with a pair of Sierra 2 EX v2s as well. I was wondering if it is worth adding aquarium stones or cat litter as well, but the stands seem solid enough on their own. The floor spikes anchor them well to my carpeted floor.