Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 606162636465

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    What a classic! For 20+ years I used track 3, "She's Already Made Up Her Mind" as my reference to judge male vocals.
    Wow, this is a great track. Enjoying it on my desktop headphone system at the moment, going to have to try it on the Sierra LX system downstairs once my wife's not working in the next room.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke42 View Post
    Wow, this is a great track. Enjoying it on my desktop headphone system at the moment, going to have to try it on the Sierra LX system downstairs once my wife's not working in the next room.
    I also love this track

Last week, I got to spend some "quality" time with my system, Sierra LX's up front, HTM-200SE's for surrounds, Rythmik F15HP sub. It's just a 5.1 system with an Anthem AVM 70 and VTV multichannel amp consisting of three Purifi 1ET400A modules for the LXs and a Hypex NC252MP for the surrounds.

The system sounds great, but I decided to listen to some of Apple Music's spatial sound playlists via Apple TV. These are designed for Atmos playback, and since I don't have and Atmos system, the AVM 70 just redistributed the output to 5.1.

It was a great time...I had a lot of fun listening for about an hour or so dedicated to spatial music listening. There was another hour of just the mains and sub, and that is always great.

I enjoy multichannel music, but you have to have the time to just sit in the sweet spot and listen. Apple's spatial stuff is really nice, but I really wonder who will take the time to enjoy it.
    -curtis

Slayer - Reign in Blood on vinyl
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Last week, I got to spend some "quality" time with my system, Sierra LX's up front, HTM-200SE's for surrounds, Rythmik F15HP sub. It's just a 5.1 system with an Anthem AVM 70 and VTV multichannel amp consisting of three Purifi 1ET400A modules for the LXs and a Hypex NC252MP for the surrounds.

The system sounds great, but I decided to listen to some of Apple Music's spatial sound playlists via Apple TV. These are designed for Atmos playback, and since I don't have and Atmos system, the AVM 70 just redistributed the output to 5.1.

It was a great time...I had a lot of fun listening for about an hour or so dedicated to spatial music listening. There was another hour of just the mains and sub, and that is always great.

I enjoy multichannel music, but you have to have the time to just sit in the sweet spot and listen. Apple's spatial stuff is really nice, but I really wonder who will take the time to enjoy it.
    I have yet to listen to any of the spatial stuff. I don't have Apple TV, is there another way?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I have yet to listen to any of the spatial stuff. I don't have Apple TV, is there another way?
    Does your AVR/processor have upmix capability? Sometimes I use Dolby Surround or Anthem Logic - Music to listen to 2 channel music in surround.
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

I use a Fire Stick 4K Max and listen through Tidal. Just 5 speakers for me but some of the mixes are still pretty good. Like the new Yes album.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Does your AVR/processor have upmix capability? Sometimes I use Dolby Surround or Anthem Logic - Music to listen to 2 channel music in surround.
    sorry for any confusion, didn't mean multi-channel music, I was referring to actual Spatial Audio which is designed specifically for 2 channel listening.

https://www.dolby.com/experience/hom...isspatialaudio

Many, many years ago - I was privileged to a private audition of a similar technology that a mentor of mine was involved with. This was at least 35-years ago and it thoroughly impressed me. It later became known as QSound.
    Last edited by davef; 05-31-2024 at 04:23 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

thanks for the clarification and link, Dave. I guess Curtis' post confused me as it looks like it was playing through multiple speakers, just not the front mains.

I skimmed through the link and seems to be an interesting technology. Will probably do some further research on it.
    Last edited by racrawford65; 05-31-2024 at 05:06 PM.