Quote Originally Posted by Oldie1 View Post
Hi David,

Thanks for responding.

I should have explained:

The Sierras sound "good" with the Billie, but not as the Billie paired with my BMR monitors. The Billie sounds a bit "lean" with the Sierras compared to the BMRs.

On the other hand, with my Parasound preamp + Superphon amp combo, the BMRs have too much bass while the Sierras sound really nice.

I am attempting to add just a little to the bottom end to the Sierras. (Admittedly, not really a need. It's just that I already have the subwoofer and bass management features and an experimenting before I sell anything off). If I didn't already own the subwoofer, I don't think I'd be looking for one.
The BMR's do have a bit deeper bass extension than our Sierra-2EXv2, as they should being significantly larger speakers with much more cabinet volume.

While an amplifier should reproduce 20Hz - 20kHz with a ruler flat response (typically within +/- 0.1dB) - I have come across some amplifiers that do boost lower bass signals. Sounds like either your Billie is a bit thin on bass, or that the Superphon might be slight boosted (most likely the case)