Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Just installed a new front sound-stage consisting of 3x 340SE V2 vertically oriented behind an AT screen in a moderately treated, dedicated room. I am an audiophile of 35 years and an Audiologist of 25yrs. I wanted to comment on this product. Significant improvement in both accuracy and imaging!! They are replacing JTR triple 8's up front.. which boast significantly higher power handling and sensitivity. So, I was a bit apprehensive about the 340's. But, there is plenty of dynamic capability here for almost all applications (unless your room is particularly large).... and fantastic accuracy to boot. It's a bit speculative for me to ascertain how much of this improvement is the new Ascend's versus the installation of the screen wall (happened simultaneously). But, the overall result was a much better sounding system. I am very impressed with David's objective approach to speaker design and his honesty is publishing all of these measurements. I simply cannot believe that he is offering a product....with this type of engineering.....for this kind of money. I have not spent any time listening to music yet. But, that's coming. Thank you for sending these all the way to New Zealand! Keep up the good work!
    ... and just in case you are considering it.... a 2nd version of the HTM-200 which has been optimized for use in a half space environment would be awesome
    Last edited by allanf714; 08-06-2023 at 04:17 PM.