Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
I really don't see how or why you would have thought he'd go another direction. I didn't get that at all reading this thread and I think some of your comments are misplaced and influenced by the empassioned replies from a couple other members here. Dave seems genuinely concerned and sincerely tackled the issue, even through some serious injuries. You assuming anything else seems unfounded to me.
Shaz hasn't been around here long enough to know how we do things, and having someone express doubt and uncertainty is never a bad thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
Btw Dave, glad to see you recovering! I've broken a couple of ribs and it's the most pain I've gone through over an extended period of time. I didn't puncture any lungs tho! Holy crap.
Thanks - I hit the gym Monday night for the first time since before my accident. That felt good, just very light weight and stretching. Yes, the only thing I have experienced that was more painful was a broken clavicle. That pain was worse in the short term, but after about 2 weeks it dramatically subdued and was easy to manage. Overall, the pain endured from this injury over about a 6 week period was simply horrible. I promised myself that I would never experience something like this again!

Until someone breaks a rib, they will never understand how something as simple as getting in and out of bed, or even just sitting up from laying on your back becomes a real challenge in dealing with pain. Even breathing was a painful chore for a while...