Well, I couldn't resist, ordered the BDP-103 on Thurs. and it showed up today Sat. As stated above I wanted one player to play everything, SACDS, DVD-A, blu-ray etc. I have an Oppo DV970-HD that still works well, but I needed it and a panny blu-ray to cover all the bases so decided to jump in. As much as I would love to try the new BDP-105 and the superior analog section, it's just not in the budget. Dave keeps building new and better speakers and with the pending sierra upgrades I may want to check those out later when available. I'm not a huge movie watcher but I do have some concert shows on DVD and BR that I like to watch, but the main emphasis is the audio for me. They have a nice dialog going over on the AVS forum and one guy has posted a couple you tube videos starting with unboxing the unit if anyones interested. In my case I needed to redo some cabling and stuff so finally after getting the previous players out and installing the Oppo.......first impression is.......awesome. Still have some quirks to work through to get everything where I want it, but if you just slapped it in hooked up the HDMI and network.....you're off. I have played SACD, DVD-A, Blu-ray and now I am trying from the home network and wasn't sure how that was gonna go. When first turned on the 103 wanted a firmware update to be done so did that in about 10 minutes. Out here in my man cave I have an old G4 Mac with music on a second drive in the unit. All I had to do was change a couple of the network settings in the sharing preference and then the Oppo found it, let me start browing the folders from my itunes library, select and play....no problem. I have another Mac in the house on the network that has all the itunes files in lossless so I'll get that one on the network later. When you select the folder of the artist and then begin to play you get a nice display on your TV showing the album art and then off to the side the track name, number, running time ( counting as it plays ), total track time, Artist, Album, Genre, and year. ( Nice ) This is what I was really hoping for was the networking ability and it's working nice so far. The BDP-103 comes with a nice printed manual also. So now sitting back and doing so listening with the BDP-103, marantz SR 6006, and 5 stock first gen sierras and it is delicious.