I have a couple of questions about my new Rythmik D15SE and I'm hoping I can get some input:

- I use the "auto" power setting and a single RCA interconnect between the Onkyo TX-NR807 subwoofer output and the sub. Periodically the amp powers off at lowish listening levels and goes into the standby mode with a red LED. I presume this is due to insufficient input signal within a 30min period and not a malfunction. Fronts are crossed at 80Hz and the sub level is at about 2o'clock. Other sub settings are per the Rythmik recommendations. I have not done any system-wide level setting or eq yet, so things might change after I do that, but is there otherwise anything I can do to help make sure that the sub stays powered up, short of the "always on" setting? Would applying signal to both sub inputs with a Y-connector help with this?

- I noticed a very slight hiss coming from the Sierras since I introduced the sub yesterday. The hiss is present even with the AVR muted. It goes away if I unplug the sub power or sub interconnect. I tried a cheap RCA interconnect and a shielded video cable with the same results. It is independent of the power state of the sub (off/auto/on slider positions and red or green LED). Each and every one of my system power cords is plugged into a tripp-lite isobar HT10 powerstrip. I tried the "isolated" and "non-isolated" outlets for sub power and it made no difference. Is this a "ground loop" and if so how do I minimize it? I thought having everything plugged into the same strip would provide the same ground offset for all the equipment? It is a VERY slight hiss and not a major deal, just to keep things in perspective.

- Any reason not to purchase a 15ft Blue-Jeans LC-1 shielded interconnect?

- I love this sub!

BK