Hello all you Ascend forum members! Hope you have been well.

I've run into a little predicament, well…not so much a problem, just a feeling of “I want more”. I am currently running a 5.1 setup with 340SE’s across the front. My speakers are being run by my trusty AVR635. My Ascend setup has been nothing short of amazing for HT. Movies simply kick @ss! And I’m always getting compliments on how articulate they are. My problem lies in music. They reproduce the music terrific (especially the highs), but it’s just not loud enough for me. Maybe I’m going deaf or something, but sometimes I get the urge to crank it up and I just sense that I’m pushing them too hard.

It’s funny though, on movie soundtracks, I can get them plenty loud; I can push them farther than my ears can stand at least. They just seem to kind of wuss out on my music. It also doesn't help that my setup is in the living room that is opened up to the kitchen and dining room, fairly large space to fill with mind numbing rock.

So, what do you guys think? Maybe I should look into a separate amp to drive them? Maybe I should get better cables? Maybe I should get my ears cleaned out? I just badly want to get that ear to ear grin when I blast Little Wing (SRV) or Bold as Love. C’mon guys, input please?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew