Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    Still have my trusty MRX 300, have external amp for fronts off it. Have liked the ARC for Home theater but never liked for music listening, have always turned off for 2 channel. Lookin to get one of the newer AVR that can only adjust low end frequency and has good ability for 2 channel music.

    I was looking at the new Denon X1800H, $749, with Audyssey,has front channel pre outs, zone pre outs and 2 optical in, which is my minimal requirements. Rare for a receiver this low of price to have front pre outs. How would Denon sound compare to my Anthem for Music?

    Any other recommendations that would meet my needs and not blow the bank?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, California
    Posts
    7,068

    Default Re: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    Would you be interested in a used Anthem AVM 60?

    Of course you would need some more external amp channels.
    Last edited by curtis; 11-08-2023 at 12:48 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Would you be interested in a used Anthem AVM 60?

    Of course you would need some more external amp channels.
    Hi Curtis. Thanks, but kind of looking to try something non anthem just to switch things up. Also my surrounds are pretty efficient, thus trying to go the economical route of receiver.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    From posts I’ve seen, people moving from Denon to Anthem are very satisfied. IMO, the new Anthems are a big improvement for music and are great for movies, at least that’s how I feel about my move from 720 to avm70. I never used ARC for music on the 720 - made it sound dull. Music was good on the 720 w/o ARC. The 70 sounds great for music, even with ARC.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    From posts I’ve seen, people moving from Denon to Anthem are very satisfied. IMO, the new Anthems are a big improvement for music and are great for movies, at least that’s how I feel about my move from 720 to avm70. I never used ARC for music on the 720 - made it sound dull. Music was good on the 720 w/o ARC. The 70 sounds great for music, even with ARC.
    I just can't stomach the prices of the new Anthem products. Any recommendation for something besides Anthem good at music more budget friendly?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    Understood - they are a bit pricey.
    That said, if you'd consider "used", there is a MRX740 on usaudiomart listed for 1900. Ad doesn't say whether it's 4k or 8k.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere in the Boston area
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    In the same price range as the X1800H there are the Yamaha RX-V6A and Onkyo TX-NR6100.

    What is your budget? An intriguing option could be the NAD T 758 V3i at around $1,700. I believe it is the lowest cost AVR with Dirac. It is the LE (limited edition), with correction in the 20-500 Hz frequency range. Not a bad thing in my opinion, and it is what you want.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Looking for replacement for Anthem MRX 300

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    In the same price range as the X1800H there are the Yamaha RX-V6A and Onkyo TX-NR6100.

    What is your budget? An intriguing option could be the NAD T 758 V3i at around $1,700. I believe it is the lowest cost AVR with Dirac. It is the LE (limited edition), with correction in the 20-500 Hz frequency range. Not a bad thing in my opinion, and it is what you want.

    Thanks, checked out the onkyo versions, looks like Onkyo TX-RZ50 would be a good option and is on sale currently. Also if I stepped up on the Denon side to x3800, looks like can load Dirac now or comes stock XT32 audyseey. Do not want to go over 1500. Will look at that nad as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •