Quote Originally Posted by larson92 View Post
I think it’s just been seeing how everyone here loves the Rythmik subs. I haven’t even taken the SB-1000 Pro’s out of the box yet (got on their Labor Day special) as I’ve been playing with a borrowed SB-1000 Pro first to see how I like it (and the room is currently in an unfinished basement). So far, it seems okay but often I am not sure it it’s even on (even though I know that it is and can even see the driver moving). Still playing with Audyssey and the setup.

I’m glad to hear that someone loves their SVS subs combined with Ascend speakers. Not sure why the SB-2000 Pro costs so much more than the SB-1000 Pro. Even then, I’ve considered upgrading to the SB-2000 Pro just to be safe, but I think the SB-1000 Pros will be enough. The room is 14x18 with 9ft ceilings, but it’s an open floor plan and so it extends on 3 sides.
Understood. In my case, the SVS 2000s are worth every penny - amazing. I suggest you try using one of the SVS 1000s you bought along with the loaner, and with the LPF set at 60 Hz to benefit fully from the LXs (probably the best overall Ascend speaker not named ELX). If for some reason it doesn't work out, go for the Rhythmiks. Really I think the hard part is over - you bought Ascend speakers! Go dual and see how that addresses any room issues you might have, with and without Audyssey. Hope this helps!