Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

Default Re: Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

I believe that going from either of the dome tweeters to the big RAAL requires some involved modifications to the cabinet/tweeter cutout, and once you modify it for the RAAL there is no going back to the dome.... fitment-wise.

The smaller RAAL made for the Sierra-2EX was originally designed for the Sierra-2 to be a direct drop in for the Sierra-1 & NrT dome tweeters, but thre big RAAL is another animal.
    Last edited by Mag_Neato; 06-12-2023 at 12:55 PM.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Thanks, Ed

Hopefully Dave will chime in. From pics on website, they look to be same diameter. Not sure about what’s behind the faceplate, though. From a manufacturing/inventory standpoint, I would think 1 cabinet for either tweeter option would be logistically simpler
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Blingleberry View Post
    Is the upgrade to ELX the same whether Ribbon or Titan? If not what does an upgrade from ELX Titan to ELX Ribbon involve?

Thx!!
    Changing from ribbon to dome or dome to ribbon is complex as it requires significant internal cabinet modifications. We are happy to do this at our facility, but it is not recommended for customers to attempt this.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks, Dave, for clarifying
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Is there a trade up option for going from OG raal towers to ELX ribbon towers? I know you have an upgrade kit available but do you have a straight swap available for those willing to pay to move up?

I don't think they do a swap for V1 towers (+$$) to ELX Towers.

You did note the DIY upgrade kit (which is fairly straight-forward). If not comfortable doing it yourself, you can send in your Towers for Ascend to do the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Is there a trade up option for going from OG raal towers to ELX ribbon towers? I know you have an upgrade kit available but do you have a straight swap available for those willing to pay to move up?
    I'm not sure I follow you. Do you mean trading in your current V1 towers for ELX towers? If that is what you mean, we don't offer this. Also, it would cost you a lot less to simply have us upgrade your V1 towers to ELX if you do not want to do the upgrade yourself.

Do you want new tower cabinets or different finish?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Good luck with sale
    $3100 for RAAL v2 towers is a great price