Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

Default Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

We have something very special and truly unique to offer, something no other speaker manufacturer that we know of has the capability to offer to its customers.

It is no surprise that our new ELX line is a smash hit, these are true state-of-the-art endgame speakers that have been designed using only the very best custom manufactured drivers all combined and optimized using the most advanced R&D tools currently available. Very few speaker manufacturers have these same capabilities and know-how. This highly advanced technology has led to a customer satisfaction rate of 100% for our ELX line. This is unprecedented in this industry, which typically averages a return rate of 6-8% at best.

And while our ELX line is our most discussed product right now (rightfully so) – this same technology has been applied to the design and optimization of our new V2 towers. Our V2 towers provide significantly improved performance compared to our original towers, and these fully deserve some public awareness and attention.

For the first time in our history, we are putting our towers on sale, and with a unique twist that only Ascend Acoustics can offer.

For a limited time, save nearly $500 on a pair of our V2 Ribbon Towers or V2 Titan Towers. This purchase then also locks in the current ELX upgrade kit pricing for a period of 2 full years, should you desire to upgrade the V2 to ELX. We will also waive our labor fee if you prefer to have us perform the ELX upgrade for you within that 2-year period. You would only be responsible for all shipping costs and the cost of the ELX upgrade kit.

Our V2 Towers are a true benchmark product at their standard prices, at these sale prices - no product can touch the performance they offer. This is a truly unique opportunity to enjoy a pair of our incredible V2 towers right now at exceptional pricing, and then when you are ready – upgrade your towers to ELX. If you perform the ELX upgrade yourself, you are essentially paying the same price as if you bought a brand new ELX pair.

Enjoy V2 towers right now, and then when your time and budget allow – you can EXPERIENCE true endgame performance with the ELX. In addition, with the V2 towers, we guarantee all ELX drivers will drop in without needing any cabinet modifications, thus making the ELX upgrade a relatively simple, educational, and fun project.

Wishing you all the very best as we honor those who have fought so bravely for the freedoms we enjoy in our wonderful country.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Memorial Day / Summer Sale!

Hi,

So what would be the upgrade cost to the ELX? Will it require soldering?

Thanks
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

I'm not sure if the introductory ELX upgrade pricing is still current...the intro pricing was ~$1000 per speaker.

As to soldering, I am assuming yes as I'm guessing the v2 and ELX cross-overs are different. The soldering is pretty easy though. I had never soldered before doing my ELX upgrades and wasn't a problem. I did desolder/solder on an old Luna Duo cross-over to get the feel of it.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

<snip>

I was wrong in a very wrong way
    Last edited by Mahawkma; 05-31-2023 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    Hi,

So what would be the upgrade cost to the ELX? Will it require soldering?

Thanks
    The upgrade kit from V2 to ELX (Titan dome or RAAL ribbon) = $2198 for the pair + shipping. There is some very simple soldering required.

Instructions are attached.

With current V2 towers, we are testing each cabinet to make sure all ELX components fit prior to assembly. We have a new cabinet maker for these and their tolerances are perfect so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by davef; 05-31-2023 at 01:49 AM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Actually,

I think the crossovers are the same after reading a ton of info this evening so perhaps no soldering(could be wrong). Still curious on the upgrade price.
    Crossovers are not the same, every iteration of the Tower (V2 Dome, Titan, ELX Ribbon, ELX Titan) requires a different highly optimized crossover.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Crossovers are not the same, every iteration of the Tower (V2 Dome, Titan, ELX Ribbon, ELX Titan) requires a different highly optimized crossover.
    Thanks for answering my questions Dave. I ordered the V2s last night. Been wanting the towers for a long time and the sale pushed me over the edge. So, the LXs will go downstairs to replace the v2 Lunas and those will go upstairs to replace the V1 surrounds. Probably will list the V1s for a good price and make someone a happy camper.

Hawk
    Last edited by Mahawkma; 05-31-2023 at 03:24 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Thanks for answering my questions Dave. I ordered the V2s last night. Been wanting the towers for a long time and the sale pushed me over the edge. So, the LXs will go downstairs to replace the v2 Lunas and those will go upstairs to replace the V1 surrounds. Probably will list the V1s for a good price and make someone a happy camper.

Hawk
    Thanks so much for placing the order! You are in for a real treat with the V2 towers and I can't wait for your feedback.

Enjoy!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Is the upgrade to ELX the same whether Ribbon or Titan? If not what does an upgrade from ELX Titan to ELX Ribbon involve?

Thx!!

AFAIK, yes the upgrade from v2 tower to Raal or titan is the same process, although different x-over.
    From elx raal to elx titan (or vice versa), obviously tweeter and x-over swap. I’m assuming tweeter cut out is same size so no woodworking. Not sure if anything else
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD