Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra 2EXv2 Review

Default Re: Sierra 2EXv2 Review

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    Since you like Solar Fields, give Jean-Michel Jarre a try. His music was ahead of its time and still very enjoyable today.

I suggest, in no particular order, these albums to start with:
    Oxygène
    Équinoxe
    Magnetic Fields
    Thanks for your recommendations, MusicHead. I first heard Oxygene 1-6 on LP back in the 80s. Never forgot it - my friend and I cranked it up as loud as possible. Fast forward to the late 90s and I noticed Oxygene 7-13 while browsing CDs. I bought that album and 1-6 on CD. Both sounded very good on the Sierra-1s, but on the 2EXv2, both are even better to my ears. I think we need to add electronica to the list of genres that sound fantastic on the EXv2s. I'll look into the other Jarre albums.
    Last edited by novaduckfan1; 05-19-2023 at 07:56 PM.
    Speakers: EXv2 (mains), Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra-1 (surrounds), SVS SB 2000 Pro (x2)
    Source: MacBook Pro with Audirvana Studio
    DAC: Schiit Gugnir
    Preamp: Parasound Halo P6
    Amp: Buckeye 2-Channel Purifi ET400A
    AVR: NAD T-753v3i
    Cables: Blue Jeans XLR

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yep - quite familiar with Jean-Michel Jarre, we have "Concerts in China" disc 1 and disc 2 on our music server here at the office
    Oh, yeah, "The Concerts in China" is the album to own if you only get one. "Souvenir of China" is my favorite from that live album.

These are the best sounding speakers I have ever heard.,I was stupid and blew them up, my failure. I'm a CRAZY person, I need REALLY LOUD I FIGURED MY RECIEVER WAS OFF...SO I put a proven amp in there,...I blew 2 more tweeters (,CBM 170, WHICH ARE BULLETPROOF).. NOW I'm really pissed.
    I bought a simple X1300(6 years old).
    It works fine.
    My 988 must have distortion I can't hear.

A few DB HIGHER would be My love, Dave would change to give up bass response HEAVILY.
    HE'S NOT GOING TO DO THAT.
    I LOVE DAVE.
    EVERY spot you go up, you lose bass response...where do you cut it off?
    Personally? I think 40-50hz with great mids and highs(think he doesn't have them?)
    ...🤣
    If you have a decent sub you don't need 30's, you should never hear them after practice.

92/ 94...you can make 96/98 DB with massive HP DAVE..
    IT Just depends on what YOU WANT TO DO.
    PERSONALLY?
    Forget the extreme lows... don't give them up entirely, just don't FOCUS on them
    Focus a bit on Efficiency instead, don't forget bass, but don't worry do much, folks have subs now .
    If you can do 92+db with great sound, you'd rock.
    Just my dumb opinion.
    I'd prefer 98+, but I'm your friend ..😆🤣😂

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    PERSONALLY?
    Forget the extreme lows... don't give them up entirely, just don't FOCUS on them
    Focus a bit on Efficiency instead, don't forget bass, but don't worry do much, folks have subs now .
    Just my dumb opinion.
    I'd prefer 98+, but I'm your friend ..������
    Appreciate your opinion Muzz, but you listen at insane volume levels. Sierra-2EXv2 are all about sound quality, proper tonal balance, and directivity. Few listeners (if even any) these days wish to achieve the volume levels you like to listen at as most like to keep their hearing intact

You have Sierra-2EX, this is about Sierra-2EXv2 - while they don't have higher sensitivity, they do offer improved directivity.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    PERSONALLY?
    Just my dumb opinion.
    I'd prefer 98+, but I'm your friend ..😆🤣😂
    It seems like the CMT 340s or Sierra towers are what you need to match your very loud listening levels that you are after. That being said if you are taking about average levels of 92 or 98dB+, then you are definitely getting into the territory of hearing loss maybe soon and for sure several years down the line. Peaks of 92 or 98dB should be okay though.