Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ELX Towers vs. 2-EX Bookshelves for 20x30 room in condo building?

Default Re: ELX Towers vs. 2-EX Bookshelves for 20x30 room in condo building?

Quote Originally Posted by deadlax97 View Post
    Just a couple more questions.

Is my Yamaha A-S2200 going to be powerful enough to get these speakers to deliver their potential at 60-70db?

Would the RAAL or Titan tweeter be better for a lot of on my feet listening moving around the room?
    I agree with racrawford65, this is a very large room and you should really be going with towers. The Yamaha is more than powerful enough for the ELX towers. At your listening position, you will be able to reach volume levels of well over 100dB with the towers, while also being able to easily fill the entire room.

You would be absolutely fine with either the Ribbon or the Titan dome. I do feel the ribbon has an advantage for music listening, especially with Jazz and Blues. It the ribbon option is within your budget, I say go for it

Hope this helps and please feel free to reach out to us directly.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: ELX Towers vs. 2-EX Bookshelves for 20x30 room in condo building?

deadlax97,

Don't worry about power from your A-S2200. That's what I'm using with my RAAL EXL Towers. The sound is incredible! No sub! I live in a newly constructed twin home (what we used to call a duplex). I rarely turn my volume to excess playing rock, jazz, blues, and folk. My "roofmates" haven't heard my music. Both of us have overly sensitive smoke alarms that have smelled smoke from cooking and the other one has not heard the noise. You will be very happy with the Towers. Go for it!

Rick
    Last edited by rickm; 08-18-2023 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Typo
    Yamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amp, Sierra EXL Towers (RAAL), Node Streamer, Bifrost 2 DAC, Old Ears