Thread: 340se2 vs LX - HT Only

Default 340se2 vs LX - HT Only

Hello -

First time posting here. I'm looking to change my LCR (and eventually surrounds) to a smaller footprint model. Long story short, I am looking to move my L/R to just outside my AT screen so that I achieve the 22 degree separation. My current rather wide DIYSG are just too big and will interfere with my projector if I place them on either side of the screen. I hope this makes sense. The rest of the space behind my screen is taken up by my subs.

My room is just a smidge over 12' wide, and 23' long including the space behind the screen. I sit 13' from the 10' wide screen. I really need a speaker that is no wider than 8" (maybe 10" at most).

I was all geared and ready to buy the 340se2, but then reading and thinking that maybe I can stretch my budget for the LX as consideration. I am 100% movies, and the centre channel will still need to be behind my screen.

Hoping for some opinions....

Cheers!!!

Default Re: 340se2 vs LX - HT Only

I think I may go with the 340's. After looking at the LX, the only black available is piano, and this will likely cause quite a bit of reflection off the side of the cab. May be too distracting for movies. I think the 340's are a flat black, but if someone could verify that would be great.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the 340's are a matte/flat black. You could always email/call Dina at Ascend to confirm color choices. When I bought my LX's, I went with the Satin Expresso (it's pretty dark) - I'm not a fan of piano finishes (aside from the possibility of more reflections, a PITA to keep clean).
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by themarkkram View Post
    I think I may go with the 340's. After looking at the LX, the only black available is piano, and this will likely cause quite a bit of reflection off the side of the cab. May be too distracting for movies. I think the 340's are a flat black, but if someone could verify that would be great.

Thanks
    340's are a slightly textured matte black finish, completely non-reflective.

This is a good image showing the finish:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...g?v=1667561218

Please feel free to give us a call. Dina can directly text you some pics as well.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com