Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requesting Advice

Default Re: Requesting Advice

Quote Originally Posted by bac2010 View Post
    I have the 340SE2 for LCR, 200SE's for surrounds, and the F15HP as a sub. Together, they make a great system. If you can fit/afford the F15HP then I would go for it. I would get a second F15HP but doubt that will happen any time soon.
    Sounds like I'm on the right track! Is it a safe assumption that your system is primarily for HT?

I'm climbing back out of the subwoofer rabbit hole (again ), but I find myself still waffling a bit on the sealed vs. ported decision. If it's not obvious, I suffer from analysis paralysis. As mentioned, I don't intend on using this system for music very much, so since it will be roughly 50/50 movies and video games, I wonder if ported would be a better choice? Then again, it's likely that the F15HP will blow me away, since I've never had a "real" sub before. It's also likely that my only realistic path to a second sub at some point would be start with the F15HP.

Anyone out there using an F15HP or E15HP that wishes they would have gone with a ported sub?

Thanks!

I’m using 2 E15HPs with no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by jmika003 View Post

Anyone out there using an F15HP or E15HP that wishes they would have gone with a ported sub?

Thanks!
    No regrets with my F15HP, and what I have read, I don't think I would have regretted a FV15.

The only real drawback is ported subs are generally bigger.
    -curtis

Sounds like I'm on the right track! Is it a safe assumption that your system is primarily for HT?
    Yes, 100 percent HT. I'm sure music sounds just fine but I bought the system for movies, TV, and streaming.

From these most recent responses, it sounds like I should be plenty happy with a sealed sub!

I'm more confident now that I'm heading in the right direction and am excited to take the plunge! It sounds like the Ascend speakers plus an F15HP (maybe two someday? ) are going to fit the bill and give me a system that I'll be happy with for a long time!

Thank you all so much for being a sounding board for my mostly (highly? ) uneducated questions.

You're welcome. When you get all your new speakers, post back with your impressions!
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

From these most recent responses, it sounds like I should be plenty happy with a sealed sub!

I'm more confident now that I'm heading in the right direction and am excited to take the plunge! It sounds like the Ascend speakers plus an F15HP (maybe two someday? ) are going to fit the bill and give me a system that I'll be happy with for a long time!

Thank you all so much for being a sounding board for my mostly (highly? ) uneducated questions.
    Plus going this route...you can order the sub through Ascend...at one time they had packaged deals....idk...if they still offer that?
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

and Rythmik (Ascend?) used to have a discount on a second sub, even if you bought it at a later date within reason. Don't recall how much (5%??) or know if they still do
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

I'm climbing back out of the subwoofer rabbit hole (again ), but I find myself still waffling a bit on the sealed vs. ported decision. If it's not obvious, I suffer from analysis paralysis. As mentioned, I don't intend on using this system for music very much, so since it will be roughly 50/50 movies and video games, I wonder if ported would be a better choice? Then again, it's likely that the F15HP will blow me away, since I've never had a "real" sub before. It's also likely that my only realistic path to a second sub at some point would be start with the F15HP.

Thanks!
    Hi jmika003,

You are getting some excellent advice here and I think the system you are planning out will be absolutely perfect for your space and usage.

Regarding sealed vs ported, your room is nearly square and as such, there will be room mode issues. I recommend going with either the F15HP or E15. Your room is definitely not too large for either of these sealed subs, you will likely never even come close to maxing out one of these subs capabilities. I recommend going sealed because I have found that ported subs tend to excite those room modes a bit more than sealed...

Please feel free to reach out directly anytime!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Just following up since I finally pulled the trigger and received all of the speakers. I've slowly been getting everything set up, starting with 3.1 and then adding the surrounds, and I've been increasingly blown away with each addition! I can't wait to get the last 4 HTM-200SE's set up as Atmos!

I want to thank everyone again for all of the input and advice! I'm super happy with the setup even though I'm dealing with some kind of issue with the E15HP (as outlined in this post - Problem With E15HP). I'm sure Rythmik will help get it sorted and I'll be back to rattling the walls in no time!