Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi, I joined up to get some insights from the owners of the brand before buying. Currently running B&W CDM1NT's but would like less of alright top end and better mods that Ascend seems to offer. What do you ones think? LX or EX?
    Cheers
    Otto

Default Re: New member

Welcome, Otto.

Can't go wrong with either the LX or EXv2. I've not heard the EXv2 but I also have a pair of LX's (along with RAAL Towers). The LX have awesome bass and sound great across the frequency range. I still prefer the RAAL in my Towers - top end is magical.

That said, you should call Ascend (or email Dina or Dave) and discuss your needs, room, etc. They'll steer you in the right direction.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Otto View Post
    Hi, I joined up to get some insights from the owners of the brand before buying. Currently running B&W CDM1NT's but would like less of alright top end and better mods that Ascend seems to offer. What do you ones think? LX or EX?
    Cheers
    Otto
    In another thread, it was mentioned that the EX might be better for classical and acoustical guitar because of the Raal tweeter and that the LX would be better if you 'listen to everything'. They are both very good. I upgraded from 2EX to LX and miss the ribbon tweeters a tiny bit but love how big the LX sound with rock music and I think vocals sound more natural and have more weight. I haven't heard the 2EX V2s.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Otto View Post
    Cheers
    Otto
    Hi Otto,

Welcome to our forum.

A few quick questions for you:

What music genres do you listen to most?

What amp or receiver are you using?

How far back are you sitting from your left/right speakers?

Are you using a subwoofer?

Thanks in advance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com