Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonewinner pre/pro.

Default Re: Tonewinner pre/pro.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Well...it lists this:

• Built-in auto room correction by Tone Winner
    In the owners manual, its called something else, and with little/no explanation of what it does or how it does it.

So I am sure not really on any level remotely as sophisticated as as Audyssey, Dirac, etc. At least it does have some nice manual EQ.

I lust after a new processor, but can't justify it. They are so expensive. If I could, Anthem is high on my list as I have been very happy with my AVM 60, as is the new Marantz, as well as other Dirac capable receivers/processors...seems to be some good options out there.

If someone wanted to make a donation, I would love a Trinnov unit.
    You'll really love the AVM70 or AVM90 (if you have the $$). I've been tempted to upgrade from the 70 to the 90 based on multiple comments on the AVS Owner's Forum and consolidate my equipment.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    You'll really love the AVM70 or AVM90 (if you have the $$). I've been tempted to upgrade from the 70 to the 90 based on multiple comments on the AVS Owner's Forum and consolidate my equipment.
    yeah...I know...you are a bad influence.

Speaking of Oppo, I still have my 205. People are still asking $3k for them on eBay. I rarely use it except for SACDs and multichannel files. I mainly listen music via Roon, but my current Roon path doesn't handle multichannel.
    Last edited by curtis; 02-28-2023 at 01:38 PM.
    -curtis

yeah...I know...you are a bad influence.

Speaking of Oppo, I still have my 205. People are still asking $3k for them on eBay. I rarely use it except for SACDs and multichannel files. I mainly listen music via Roon, but my current Roon path doesn't handle multichannel.
    He most certainly is...I'm admiring his re location property in Rio...the location is beautiful...by all accounts.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

I know.

Well, if I upgrade to the 90, my 70 would be for sale

As to Oppo, I still have my 203 and 103D. I think the 203's are listed for around 1K. I only use it for 4K movies on occasion. I use the 103D for blu-ray/dvd movies and CDs, when I play either.
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

3 way trade proposal...I'll buy the amv 60 from Curtis...in turn Robert you sell him the 70 and get yourself the new AMV90 to go with those ELX upgrades...lol. Honestly thou...if I could buy thru the US market it would be great but the shipping + duties are enormous....at this current time and let's not even discuss exchange rate

Tempted on the 90, but no way at the moment. Too much money being spent on the work on the Rio property. Plus, the cows, chickens, ducks, geese, and peacocks eat too much (and my wife is adamant the cows get proper cow food and not just graze grass in the pastures). Those cows better start producing more milk so we can sell it and her dad make cheese, otherwise we'll have a nice barbecue (of course, all our welcome).

I'd be interested in that three-way transaction when/if it is possible.

I am also thinking about getting back into the OLED game...I really miss not having an OLED.

OLED is probably ahead of a processor
    -curtis

jeez, looks like the ball is in my court.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    jeez, looks like the ball is in my court.
    Not really...I had, spoken with Dave the other night and he suggested shipping across border right now has many disadvantages. This was moreso related to shipping my LRC back but oversea or another country is expensive...but I'm sure you can relate to that.
    Last edited by billy p; 02-28-2023 at 04:24 PM.