Thread: Klippel NFS customer list

Default Klippel NFS customer list

Interesting to see who is using Klippel-NFS measurements...and who is not (apparently)?

https://www.klippel.de/company/references.html

Default Re: Klippel NFS customer list

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Interesting to see who is using Klippel-NFS measurements...and who is not (apparently)?

https://www.klippel.de/company/references.html
    This is incorrect jerry. Kilppel has been around since the mid 90's and makes dozens of products and various software. This list you are referencing is simply a list of companies that have purchased something from Klippel at some point in time and have given Klippel permission to use them as a reference.

At the time we invested in our NFS, I believe there were less than 10 companies using an NFS and most were not passive loudspeaker manufacturers (the number 8 seems to stick with me). Likely not much different 18 months later as it is an extremely expensive, highly advanced and technical device. Unbelievably rare for a loudspeaker company to make this type of investment in R&D. Most of the companies who utilize the NFS are billion dollar companies that offer bluetooth speakers, mobile phones etc., where a $100K + investment is basically a few pennies to them.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Klippel customer list (not necessarily NFS)

Ah, ok.

I noticed a fair number of speaker manufactures (and driver manufacturers) on there (including Ascend), but I guess not necessarily the NFS product.

Since there was a misunderstanding, please feel free to remove the incorrect post. No harm, no foul.

PS So, is it correct that Amir at ASR made this investment? Or some subset of the product?
    Last edited by jerryg; 02-24-2023 at 11:25 PM.

Default Re: Klippel customer list (not necessarily NFS)

Ah, ok.

I noticed a fair number of speaker manufactures (and driver manufacturers) on there (including Ascend), but I guess not necessarily the NFS product.
    On that list, I found only 5 companies that have purchased an NFS.

The KA3 (Klippel Analyzer 3) is their main product.

https://www.klippel.de/products/rd-s...nalyzer-3.html

From this analyzer, depending on needs, the engineer adds various hardware and software modules. For example, if you specialize in driver manufacturing, you then add components for measuring various aspects of a transducer, such as BL (critical to producing quality drivers).

The NFS is basically a robot designed to move a microphone around a speaker in various sized 3-dimensional cylinders. This data is then fed to the analyzer, processed and then specialized software is then used on a connected PC to evaluate the complex algorithms.

Most companies who have an anechoic chamber also use the KA3 + measurement mic + Klippel software to take measurements.

PS So, is it correct that Amir at ASR made this investment? Or some subset of the product?
    Correct, Amir at ASR owns an NFS. There are currently only 2 possible methods of achieving these types of full range full resolution measurements. Either the speaker must be measured in an anechoic chamber (these days, easily a 1/2 million dollar investment), or by use of the Klippel NFS (which is actually more accurate)

There are a few consulting companies (1 here in the US, and another in Europe, and of course, Klippel) that, for a fee, will generate full NFS scans of a product. We have actually done this for a few companies now but this isn't a service we generally offer. For us, it is more of a favor to friends...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com