Thread: Anyone use Footers/Outrigger on Sierra Towers

Default Anyone use Footers/Outrigger on Sierra Towers

I am seriously thinking about ordering the new ELX Towers. I have owned towers in the past and truly loved their sound. Probably should have never sold them. I loved the fact that it was bamboo vs MDF, loved that they had amazing drivers but man I hated that plinth.

Now considering another purchase but using GAIA footers or some type of outrigger to fancy up the base. Thoughts?
    Last edited by RRT-NPS; 02-24-2023 at 04:29 AM.

Default Re: Anyone use Footers/Outrigger on Sierra Towers

I use the GAIAs on my Towers (since I first got them so no A/B comparison with the stock feet
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I use the GAIAs on my Towers (since I first got them so no A/B comparison with the stock feet
    Did you remove the plinths and use the GAIAS right into the bottom of the speaker? Any pics?

As I recall, I attached to the plinths, not directly to the speakers. No pics available now as out of the country. That said, I may have posted one or two on this forum but not sure where exactly.
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Quote Originally Posted by RRT-NPS View Post
    I am seriously thinking about ordering the new ELX Towers. I have owned towers in the past and truly loved their sound. Probably should have never sold them. I loved the fact that it was bamboo vs MDF, loved that they had amazing drivers but man I hated that plinth.

Now considering another purchase but using GAIA footers or some time of outrigger to fancy up the base. Thoughts?
    You can easily use outriggers without using the optional plinth. The threaded inserts on the bottom of the speaker cabinet are 1/4-20. We have had many customers do this. You can even use the towers without the plinth if you prefer.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

@RRT-NPS here are a couple of pics of the GAIA's on one of my Towers. pardon the dust.

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG