Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

A little about my audio journey. I first started maybe eight years ago, dabbling with a pair of Kanto Yumis. To see if I really liked something "better than typical stuff" and if it made a difference. Well, it did. So I promptly upgraded to a pair of SVS ultras and an SB-2000.

It's been more than a few years since then, and I wanted to try something new and see if there was really an objective improvement to be had rather than a different sound signature or some other subjective difference.

After asking around a few places, including the AVS forums, I was recommended to check out Ascend Acoustics. So I did. It all looked very promising! So, I decided to order a pair of LX and, fast forward to today, I'm quite happy with my purchase! Haha

I never heard of Ascend before but can now very easily and gladly recommend them to anyone that asks. That upgrade bug is still giving me a small itch and the ELXs are very tempting...so we'll see what happens. They don't really fit in my bedroom but...maybe if I was determined enough, things could change.

Out of curiosity, what's the recommended crossover for the LX? I don't have a subwoofer anymore (the SB-2000 doesn't work anymore) but want to make sure I don't damage the speakers during any of my watching habits (I'm mostly music, but I do game and watch movies in this system too). Is 60hz appropriate? Or should I stick with 80? (Or can these things run full range safely?)

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Default Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppers View Post

Out of curiosity, what's the recommended crossover for the LX? I don't have a subwoofer anymore (the SB-2000 doesn't work anymore) but want to make sure I don't damage the speakers during any of my watching habits (I'm mostly music, but I do game and watch movies in this system too). Is 60hz appropriate? Or should I stick with 80? (Or can these things run full range safely?)
    Running them full-range is not a problem.
    -curtis

Ah, that’s good to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppers View Post
    Ah, that’s good to know. Thanks!
    Correct, no issues whatsoever with running the LX full range. If you aren't using a subwoofer, you should be running them full range.

Also, very happy to hear that you are enjoying the LX!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com