Thread: Original Sierra Towers upgrade options

Default Original Sierra Towers upgrade options

Hi team,

Dave, love your the Sierra Towers I purchased about 7 years ago, they are fantastic!! Question for you or the community. I was your post about Sierra Towers v2. And also about ELX towers @$4,500.

Can you advise/explain what options where are? I see the tower vs on the website, but don’t see anything describing the ELX towers, or even for sale.

Is there a rough comparison of the Sierra Towers (original) compared to the v2 upgrade, compared to the ELX towers?

Thanks much, and thanks for building a fantastic product!!

Best,
    Scott

Default Re: Original Sierra Towers upgrade options

There's a whole thread on this.

https://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sh...-Best-For-Last!

The ELX aren't on the site for sale yet - need to call into Ascend to order.

The V2 Towers have the new cross-over only and choice of RAAL or Titan tweeter.
    The ELX Towers have the new cross-over, new woofers (LX), and new midrange (EX woofer), with choice of either RAAL or Titan tweeter.

There are upgrade kits for the various options. FWIW, I'm upgrading my Towers & Horizon (all with RAAL) with the cross-over/driver kits. I debated just v2 versus the full kits...after trading emails with Dave and speaking with Dina, I went with latter as my take-away was that the cross-over only was a pretty good improvement and the full kit option was a much bigger improvement.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD