Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need feedback please!

Default Re: Need feedback please!

Horizontal looks best to me because the speaker sits horizontally.

Yes, Horizontal looks more natural for this one..

My original reaction was that I like the horizontal grain better, but that was with the center in isolation. When looking at a picture like this one, I kind of like the consistency of having the grain vertically aligned for all 3 speakers. So I'm really no help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by white_darren View Post
    My original reaction was that I like the horizontal grain better, but that was with the center in isolation. When looking at a picture like this one, I kind of like the consistency of having the grain vertically aligned for all 3 speakers. So I'm really no help on this.
    That looks familiar! Soon to have an ELX Horizon in there though.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hey everyone,

Happy 2023!

We are prepping for a large production run of Horizon cabinets and I would like some feedback regarding how we orient the grain.

Our stock cabinet looks like this (vertical grain)

Attachment 2605

However, customers have requested we run the grain horizontally, which would look like below. Horizontal grain is more common for a center and tends to make the cabinet look less bulky.

Attachment 2606

Please let me know which grain orientation you prefer.

Thanks in advance!
    Vertical
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    That would be very difficult to do, if even possible.
    I think this settles the question. Although I voted for horizontal, that was not thinking through context. I think the three speakers should match.

Quote Originally Posted by mziegler View Post
    I think this settles the question. Although I voted for horizontal, that was not thinking through context. I think the three speakers should match.
    Agreed!
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Me too
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by white_darren View Post
    Beauty! I refrained from replying because I didn't have context of all 3 speakers on display (although I was secretly pulling for vertical myself to match my towers), and don't have immediate plans to purchase a center channel, but this confirms it for me. I vote vertical

I would think horizontal would still be a better fit because of the orientation of the speaker. All 3 are rectangular, and the center channel's orientation is different. If we have a picture of the horizontal also it will help.