Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The other wabbit hole... Enter at your own risk.

Default The other wabbit hole... Enter at your own risk. It's Covid's fault!!

I also blame Anna Kendrick!!!
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 01-01-2023 at 08:12 AM.
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD

Default Re: The other wabbit hole... Enter at your own risk. It's Covid's fault!!

Cool!
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Default Re: The other wabbit hole... Enter at your own risk. It's Covid's fault!!

Wow - very impressive! My son was so into Lego's and together we built most of the Star Wars builds. We saved them for years and years -- until my nephew (2 years old at the time) came to visit, found the items and trashed them. My son was devastated and vowed to never touch Lego's again.

fast forward to about a week ago, my son's GF bought him some new Lego sets (Star Wars) and I came home from work to find him and his GF deep into building. I found it hard not to take a break and join them. (I should have)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Great LEGO builds! Those plastic blocks are a rite of passage for so many kids and often they stick with you

I recall that when I was little the most common sets where all red blocks and at the most you'd get "fancy" adds-on like the green, shingle-shaped ones to build roofs and the white window frames with the green shutters (now I am dating myself...)

I has been fascinating to see how LEGO have evolved over the decades, it remains one of the best educational toy ever.

My son, now a mechanical engineer student (coincidence? ) was totally crazy for LEGOs. I have very fond memories of the countless hours we spent together building and then playing with his sets, including A LOT of the Star Wars themed ones.

He still has ALL of them and they ain't going anywhere. He has something like 50 or so Star Wars mini figures, most of them the famous Clones. I remember when we sat down and gave each one of them a name. We still have the piece of paper on which he annotated all of them. With LEGO you can also build sweet memories...

He recently got a Lamborghini Countach set, it doesn't get any better, LEGO + iconic car!
    Emotiva Fusion 8100 AVR
    Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Main
    Rythmik L12 Sub
    55" LG OLED55CXAUA TV
    Panasonic DP-UB420-K 4K UHD Player
    Seiki SR4KP1 Region-free BD Player
    Roku Premiere+ 4k

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Wow - very impressive! My son was so into Lego's and together we built most of the Star Wars builds. We saved them for years and years -- until my nephew (2 years old at the time) came to visit, found the items and trashed them. My son was devastated and vowed to never touch Lego's again.

fast forward to about a week ago, my son's GF bought him some new Lego sets (Star Wars) and I came home from work to find him and his GF deep into building. I found it hard not to take a break and join them. (I should have)
    Thanks Dave!

That is quite a story with a good continuation! As a kid growing up in the late 50s, early 60s, we had Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys! I guess Lego was around. But; I don't remember. Lol!
    Star Wars Lego are really nice! I thought about getting the UCS Millennium Falcon. But; besides being huge, it's $800!!
    Placement is already becoming a concern! Oh! Not to mention, a display case. There is even a custom coffee table case for the Falcon!! But; I am using our office (only) for Lego & wall-mounted, framed, jigsaw puzzles, and my LP cabinet.
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 01-06-2023 at 07:04 AM.
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    Thanks Dave!

That is quite a story with a good continuation! As a kid growing up in the late 50s, early 60s, we had Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys! I guess Lego was around. But; I don't remember. Lol!
    I remember well both Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys! One of my favorite things to do when I was a kid was build a big Lincoln Log wall, place it at the end of Hot Wheels track (the old orange ones which I saved) and run various Hot Wheels / Matchbox cars down a big hill and smash them into the Lincoln Log wall. I would then use Tinker Toys to brace the wall.

However, once Lego's came around, Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys were no longer any "fun" lol....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I remember Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and Hot Wheels (orange), as well. Plus, Tonka Toys, erector sets & GI Joe's from the 60's/70's. I still have most of these, except for the Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I remember well both Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys! One of my favorite things to do when I was a kid was build a big Lincoln Log wall, place it at the end of Hot Wheels track (the old orange ones which I saved) and run various Hot Wheels / Matchbox cars down a big hill and smash them into the Lincoln Log wall. I would then use Tinker Toys to brace the wall.

However, once Lego's came around, Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys were no longer any "fun" lol....
    Lol! Good stuff, Dave!! In 1968, we were living in Milwaukee, and the Hot Wheels orange track system had come out! That was soooo much fun!! This was about the time, I got seriously into HO scale slot car racing!
    Slot cars became my hobby for quite some time after that.

This whole Lego thing has really come to the forefront again after the big Christmas 'reveal' of all the hidden sets you've seen in my recent photos. It is hard to describe the expression on my wife's face when she walked into the living room on Christmas afternoon! Man! The last big set purchased was the Hogwarts Castle. That arrived in July, and had been stashed at my brother in laws house since arrival. Ha! My last build was the Treehouse going back to March 2022. Prior to that was the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander in February. None of the sets shown in the photos have been started yet. In the past couple of weeks, however, I did install the LED kits in the Lunar Lander, and on the Saturn V stage one engines. I began the LED install on the Treehouse, as well. 'Hope to complete that next week.

Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 01-07-2023 at 06:43 AM.
    - Greg

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    Great LEGO builds! Those plastic blocks are a rite of passage for so many kids and often they stick with you

I recall that when I was little the most common sets where all red blocks and at the most you'd get "fancy" adds-on like the green, shingle-shaped ones to build roofs and the white window frames with the green shutters (now I am dating myself...)

I has been fascinating to see how LEGO have evolved over the decades, it remains one of the best educational toy ever.

My son, now a mechanical engineer student (coincidence? ) was totally crazy for LEGOs. I have very fond memories of the countless hours we spent together building and then playing with his sets, including A LOT of the Star Wars themed ones.

He still has ALL of them and they ain't going anywhere. He has something like 50 or so Star Wars mini figures, most of them the famous Clones. I remember when we sat down and gave each one of them a name. We still have the piece of paper on which he annotated all of them. With LEGO you can also build sweet memories...

He recently got a Lamborghini Countach set, it doesn't get any better, LEGO + iconic car!
    That is so cool! A month or so after I (Santa ) purchased the Downtown Diner, it went out of production, and suddenly some were being listed on ebay for almost twice what I paid. By this time, I had installed the lights. My wife says, "Are you going to sell it!!!??? That was a Hoot! Of course; I asked her if she was kidding! I will be selling none of my Lego sets!!! Lol!
    My grand daughter loves the Downtown Diner!

Being a car guy, it's not been easy not buying the new Ferrari SP3 Daytona, & Lamborghini Sian!
    I really need the little Countach, though!! Less money, less space! My 1989 Batmobile is a big one (over 2' in the case)!
    But; to go along with it, I decided on the small Tumbler, & the '66 TV Batmobile. It's a good thing that one isn't offered in the large size. I would have to get it!! My three Batmobile's will probably be displayed on my new console table. At 60" long, 34" tall, and with the top shelf being 20" deep, the Hogwarts Castle (in display case) will be a perfect fit.
    - Greg

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I remember Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and Hot Wheels (orange), as well. Plus, Tonka Toys, erector sets & GI Joe's from the 60's/70's. I still have most of these, except for the Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys.
    Yeah Robert! Those were all very cool 'Analog' toys!! Being 68, G.I. Joe was pretty much after my childhood, from what recall. Maybe on the border with those.
    I forgot all about the Erector sets, though.
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 01-08-2023 at 08:30 AM.
    - Greg