Thread: The other wabbit hole... Enter at your own risk.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The other wabbit hole... Enter at your own risk. It's Covid's fault!!

Great LEGO builds! Those plastic blocks are a rite of passage for so many kids and often they stick with you

I recall that when I was little the most common sets where all red blocks and at the most you'd get "fancy" adds-on like the green, shingle-shaped ones to build roofs and the white window frames with the green shutters (now I am dating myself...)

I has been fascinating to see how LEGO have evolved over the decades, it remains one of the best educational toy ever.

My son, now a mechanical engineer student (coincidence? ) was totally crazy for LEGOs. I have very fond memories of the countless hours we spent together building and then playing with his sets, including A LOT of the Star Wars themed ones.

He still has ALL of them and they ain't going anywhere. He has something like 50 or so Star Wars mini figures, most of them the famous Clones. I remember when we sat down and gave each one of them a name. We still have the piece of paper on which he annotated all of them. With LEGO you can also build sweet memories...

He recently got a Lamborghini Countach set, it doesn't get any better, LEGO + iconic car!
    Emotiva Fusion 8100 AVR
    Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Main
    Rythmik L12 Sub
    55" LG OLED55CXAUA TV
    Panasonic DP-UB420-K 4K UHD Player
    Seiki SR4KP1 Region-free BD Player
    Roku Premiere+ 4k

Default Re: The other wabbit hole... Enter at your own risk. It's Covid's fault!!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    Great LEGO builds! Those plastic blocks are a rite of passage for so many kids and often they stick with you

I recall that when I was little the most common sets where all red blocks and at the most you'd get "fancy" adds-on like the green, shingle-shaped ones to build roofs and the white window frames with the green shutters (now I am dating myself...)

I has been fascinating to see how LEGO have evolved over the decades, it remains one of the best educational toy ever.

My son, now a mechanical engineer student (coincidence? ) was totally crazy for LEGOs. I have very fond memories of the countless hours we spent together building and then playing with his sets, including A LOT of the Star Wars themed ones.

He still has ALL of them and they ain't going anywhere. He has something like 50 or so Star Wars mini figures, most of them the famous Clones. I remember when we sat down and gave each one of them a name. We still have the piece of paper on which he annotated all of them. With LEGO you can also build sweet memories...

He recently got a Lamborghini Countach set, it doesn't get any better, LEGO + iconic car!
    That is so cool! A month or so after I (Santa ) purchased the Downtown Diner, it went out of production, and suddenly some were being listed on ebay for almost twice what I paid. By this time, I had installed the lights. My wife says, "Are you going to sell it!!!??? That was a Hoot! Of course; I asked her if she was kidding! I will be selling none of my Lego sets!!! Lol!
    My grand daughter loves the Downtown Diner!

Being a car guy, it's not been easy not buying the new Ferrari SP3 Daytona, & Lamborghini Sian!
    I really need the little Countach, though!! Less money, less space! My 1989 Batmobile is a big one (over 2' in the case)!
    But; to go along with it, I decided on the small Tumbler, & the '66 TV Batmobile. It's a good thing that one isn't offered in the large size. I would have to get it!! My three Batmobile's will probably be displayed on my new console table. At 60" long, 34" tall, and with the top shelf being 20" deep, the Hogwarts Castle (in display case) will be a perfect fit.
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD