Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Enthusiast Thread

Default Car Enthusiast Thread

I had said a while back I wanted to post some pictures of my '95 Mustang track day car. I didn't have it to the track this year, my wife had some issues that caused me to have to cover for her while she healed up. This past Friday and Saturday were so sunny, warm and beautiful, I couldn't not get it out! It had a full tank of fuel that was getting old, and the new differential in the new IRS needed some miles to get the gears and bearings broken in. These pictures were taken without the hood so I could get some nice shots of the engine.DSCN0861.JPG

Default Re: Car Enthusiast Thread

Car is a '95 Mustang GTS that I bought brand new in 1995. Currently has just over 25K miles, basically nothing stock remains of the original driveline, suspension or brakes.

Engine is a dart block 363 CID, AFR heads, FTI custom solid roller cam, Pro-M engine management, four barrel style TFS single plane intake, RCI ceramic coated long tube headers, Stainless Works 3" exhaust.

Suspension is all Maximun Motorsport including their full catalog of mods to the IRS, differential is a Torsen T2R. Transmission is Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed. Front brakes are 13" Brembo 4 piston, rears are custom 13" Wilwood 4 piston with mechanical parking brake caliper.

I did all the work myself except for machining/assembling the short block, TIG welding the X-pipe portion of the exhaust since I don't have the equipment, and paint work on the spoiler.

Jay
    Last edited by petmotel; 12-07-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Nice! I've had two 66 Mustangs in the past (high school days - so 30+ years ago) Switched to Chevy when I had to replace a timing chain cover on the Ford's 289. As I recall, it cost over $200 for the part alone (I did the labor) when one for a SBC was like $10 & chrome plated.

Very nice! I had an 87 LX 5.0 (manual 5 speed). I think that might have been the funnest car I ever owned, that is until my roommate wrecked it.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Very nice! I had an 87 LX 5.0 (manual 5 speed). I think that might have been the funnest car I ever owned, that is until my roommate wrecked it.
    Can you imagine as much as I enjoy music, the only sound system currently in the car is the lovely sound of that exhaust system. It's a deep throaty growl, definitely music to my ears. If you enjoy going around turns at a G-force or better, this thing will make your day! More fun than a barrel full of monkeys, and I could post up pictures of those as well, LOL.

Surely do hope there are some other car fanatics on this site that will post up pictures of their pride and joy!

Jay

Some pictures of my 67 Camaro - before, during, and finished Pro Street version. Just about everything is new on the car.
    * 468 cubic inch big block with Weiand 6-71 blower, dual 750 Edelbrock carbs, forged crank, Keith Black Pistons, Competition cams came/valve train components, roller rocker arms, Moroso 7 qt oil pan
    * MSD ignition, BeCool radiator, Spal fans
    * modified TH400 transmission, 3000 rpm stall converter,
    * Ford 9" rear with Moser axles,
    * Chris Alston's Chassisworks rear frame/ladder bars, aluminum kit, 12 point roll cage with swing out side bars (thankfully, as I'm too old now to climb over a roll cage)
    * 4 wheel disk brakes (Wilwoods in the back), line lock, Corvette master cylinder
    * fiberglass front end, custom grill, headlights (Saturn) , dash,
    * custom paint (House of Color w/ several layers of primer; wet-sanded between each coat),
    * Ron Francis wiring, Autometer gauges,
    * Hooker headers (JetHot coated) and stainless exhaust/mufflers
    * Weld Pro-Star wheels (15x15 in the back), 29x18.5 Mickey Thompson Tires in the rear

Camaro Before.jpgCamaro During.jpgfront view.jpgfront high view.jpgside view.jpgback side view.jpgrear view.JPGblown rat closeup.jpgCamaro Engine new.jpgengine 2.JPGexhaust.JPGinterior.JPGdash.jpg
    Last edited by racrawford65; 12-07-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Jay

no radio = lose points at a car show ;-)

Best,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Jay

no radio = lose points at a car show ;-)

Best,
    Robert

Never had the car to a show, so what you don't know.........

Gorgeous car Robert, I can well imagine that car puckers the old sphincter when you stand on the loud pedal!!!

Jay