Thread: Anthem 225i Integrated?

Default Anthem 225i Integrated?

Hello,

I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary with the Towers. Needless to say, I love these speakers. Reading about the ELX upgraded Towers, I'm wanting to do the upgrade. It'll be a while before I'll have the $2000+ to order the upgrade. Patience is a virtue that I run a deficit on. My Yamaha A-S2200 integrated amp has pretty good resale so I was thinking about selling that and getting a used Anthem 225i integrated amp. That would free up some cash and also deliver more power to the upgraded speakers. Has anyone compared the A-S2200 and the 225i by actually listening to both. If so, any thoughts? Sound quality is at the top of my list for my system. I really like the Yamaha and don't have a bad thing to say about it. The Anthem gets good reviews and is an analog amp as is the Yamaha. I can use my current DAC and streamer. Am I crazy? Thank you in advance for any input.
    Yamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amp, Sierra EXL Towers (RAAL), Node Streamer, Bifrost 2 DAC, Old Ears

Default Re: Anthem 225i Integrated?

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Hello,

I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary with the Towers. Needless to say, I love these speakers. Reading about the ELX upgraded Towers, I'm wanting to do the upgrade. It'll be a while before I'll have the $2000+ to order the upgrade. Patience is a virtue that I run a deficit on. My Yamaha A-S2200 integrated amp has pretty good resale so I was thinking about selling that and getting a used Anthem 225i integrated amp. That would free up some cash and also deliver more power to the upgraded speakers. Has anyone compared the A-S2200 and the 225i by actually listening to both. If so, any thoughts? Sound quality is at the top of my list for my system. I really like the Yamaha and don't have a bad thing to say about it. The Anthem gets good reviews and is an analog amp as is the Yamaha. I can use my current DAC and streamer. Am I crazy? Thank you in advance for any input.

An update: Funds for the Tower upgrade have been secured and an order placed! I didn't have to sell my Yamaha A-S2200. However, I'm really curious if anyone has heard the A-S2200 and the Anthem 225i and could compare and/or contrast the two integrated amps.
    Yamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amp, Sierra EXL Towers (RAAL), Node Streamer, Bifrost 2 DAC, Old Ears