Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTM-200SE for Atmos

Default HTM-200SE for Atmos

I was wondering if anyone figured how to mount this speaker overhead. If so what mount did they use.
    Thanks

Default Re: HTM-200SE for Atmos

I’ve mounted mine high on the wall, at first using ook hooks/picture wire. I since switched to some adjustable mounts I bought of Amazon that clamp to the speaker but pivot to help aim.
    Still on wall , but would probably work on-ceiling

As to other on-ceiling options, depends on what kind of ceiling/access overhead. Someone posted on this forum where he used studs/bolts in the cabinet (as I recall, 2 in the existing holes and two into the cabinet itself) and then these were bolted from above - i think he went through ceiling joists/studs.
    Last edited by racrawford65; 12-01-2022 at 07:26 AM.

I just ordered four that will be used for front/rear atmos so I'm interested in mounting options as well. I'll be mounting to the ceiling and prefer not to drill into the cabinets. I'm also curious if it will be ok if they're oriented horizontal instead of vertical.

No problems mounting horizontally IMO
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

I use the 200se for Atmos. I have them mounted vertically high on the walls, using these brackets. No drilling required.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MZ...b_b_asin_title

Thanks, those look like they may work. I'll take a closer look.

They will wotk - I use the same (or very similar from a different supplier). They clamp the speaker tight enough that you should be able to mount to the ceiling (I’d still use a safety wire attached to speaker original mounting hole and somewhere on the bracket). Mine are on front and rear walls up high-design of my ceiling isn’t conducive to mounting there)

They will work, I'm just worried they won't tilt enough to aim at listening position. My atmos are mounted to beams that go across my ceiling and they're roughly 5 to 6 feet in front (and behind) of my couch.

I'm pretty sure given the horizontal and vertical dispersion of this speaker, the tweeter can be pointed at least 40 degrees above, below, and to the left of right of the listening position. (Dave has said as much elsewhere.) So, it's not critical that the tweeter be pointed directly at the listener.

Quote Originally Posted by corey99699 View Post
    They will work, I'm just worried they won't tilt enough to aim at listening position. My atmos are mounted to beams that go across my ceiling and they're roughly 5 to 6 feet in front (and behind) of my couch.
    Atmos speakers in- or on-ceiling overhead are supposed to be at the angles Dolby suggests and aimed straight down. Because of this, wide dispersion speakers are the best choice. The same for the floor level speakers too. They are not all aimed at the main listening position. The center yes, but the mains in most cases will not be toed in this much. Surround and surround backs are not aimed at main listening position either.

The idea is to have the possibility for more than just one “good seat”. If they are all aimed at the main listening position, then things will probably sound great in that one seat. The seat to the left and right would be severely compromised though. If you follow Dolby’s guidelines though the main listening position should be great and the sear to the left and right pretty good, if that is something you care about.