Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: We Saved The Best For Last!

Default Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    It is doubtful you would actually hear a difference, but all of the stuffing should be used. One bag per side. Yes, the stuffing gets packed in there very tightly.
    Thank you for the reassurance. I just went back and packed the rest of the stuffing in.

You, Dina, and the whole team are amazing. I don't know of any other speaker companies that provide upgrades for existing units. I imagine it adds a large customer support toll offering these kits, but Dina handles all questions super fast.

Exclamation Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

V2 towers fully exceed both the Sierra-2EXv2 and Sierra LX in overall performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Hopefully, will start to find out Tomorrow!!!

Ted
    As of late Tuesday (11th), Sierra RAAL V2 Towers are In-The-House !! Playing music round-the-clock, so continued overnight (at 50-60db low volumes). Vocals and instrumentals started out strident and a little underwhelming. However, by early this morning and after 12 hours of music on the Towers, things Changed...For The Better!!

Midrange now has a glorious tonality and timbre, soundstage layering has more air, detail and scale, imaging is better focused and much deeper, hearing more vocal/instrumental separation, bass has more definition, depth and punch, and overall resolution...is just, Amazing!!

After only 24 hours of break-in, sonics are definitely heading in the right direction. Thought it might take the whole 30-days of optional listening to determine if the RAAL Tower V2 speakers would top my venerable Sierra-2EX. But any need to exercise Dave's 30-day return policy is quickly dissolving!!!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 07-13-2023 at 12:59 AM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by hutt132 View Post
    Thank you for the reassurance. I just went back and packed the rest of the stuffing in.

You, Dina, and the whole team are amazing. I don't know of any other speaker companies that provide upgrades for existing units. I imagine it adds a large customer support toll offering these kits, but Dina handles all questions super fast.
    Thanks so much for the nice comments. These upgrades are extremely difficult and time consuming for us. We never anticipated the amount of ELX upgrade orders we have received and it has completely caught us off guard, but all the happy customers and amazing feedback keeps us at it

Thank you!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

As of late Tuesday (11th), Sierra RAAL V2 Towers are In-The-House !! Playing music round-the-clock, so continued overnight (at 50-60db low volumes). Vocals and instrumentals started out strident and a little underwhelming. However, by early this morning and after 12 hours of music on the Towers, things Changed...For The Better!!

Midrange now has a glorious tonality and timbre, soundstage layering has more air, detail and scale, imaging is better focused and much deeper, hearing more vocal/instrumental separation, bass has more definition, depth and punch, and overall resolution...is just, Amazing!!

After only 24 hours of break-in, sonics are definitely heading in the right direction. Thought it might take the whole 30-days of optional listening to determine if the RAAL Tower V2 speakers would top my venerable Sierra-2EX. But any need to exercise Dave's 30-day return policy is quickly dissolving!!!

Ted
    Happy to hear you are enjoying them!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Red face Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

Happy to hear you are enjoying them!!!
    Thanks Dave, not only for your passion and drive to produce tremendous values in the audiophile speaker market place, but also for your dedication in offering best-in-class customer service support!!

I haven't installed the RAAL Tower V2 spikes yet (easiest to slide on the carpet into optimum performance room position). I now have them acoustically set with 0 toe, tweeters 5ft apart and cabinet backs 13" from the 9ft front wall. This offers the best imaging, soundstage depth/width/height and foot traffic security (entrance door is immediately to the right of the right speaker)!

Besides setting a reaward cant for better tweeter/ear alignment, what other sonic benefits can be gained with the spikes installed?

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 07-14-2023 at 07:59 PM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

I haven't installed the RAAL Tower V2 spikes yet (easiest to slide on the carpet into optimum performance room position). I now have them acoustically set with 0 toe, tweeters 5ft apart and cabinet backs 13" from the 9ft front wall. This offers the best imaging, soundstage depth/width/height and foot traffic security (entrance door is immediately to the right of the right speaker)!

Besides setting a reaward cant for better tweeter/ear alignment, what other sonic benefits can be gained with the spikes installed?

Ted
    That is something best left for you to experiment with

Thanks for the nice comments, Ted
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Exclamation Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

That is something best left for you to experiment with

Thanks for the nice comments, Ted
    Dave,

After 250 hrs of a steady diet of acoustical music (round the clock for 10+ days), the Sierra RAAL V2 Towers have broken in Very Nicely! My "listening sessions" have taken up about 10% of that daytime music playback, but found the time today to install the tower spikes!

Either you didn't want to influence my findings, or just not sure what to expect from me (as I always seem to keep you guessing)! I did remove the rear spike lock nuts and set a rearward slant of about 4-5 degrees with the front spikes...the 2-channel acoustical Soundstage Improvement has been Immediate and Undeniable!

Biggest change was midrange detail and clarity. Performance acoustics sound more real, open and live, with transients, clarity and imaging taking a big leap forward! Soundstage presence and 3D holographics now allow the towers to totally disappear (width beyond 30ft) as recorded venue ambiance and musician placements have become even more natural, accurate and real! My previous venue depth of 40 ft (Sierra-2EX) now stretches to 60ft....Truly Amazing! Overall height remains around an all-encompassing 50ft! Additionally, bass articulation, timbre and tonality also benefited from that slight reward cant of the tower cabinets!!

As you have stated before, the RAAL V2 Towers CERTAINLY EXCEED my 2EX V1 monitors in every aspect of music reproduction (no easy feat)...BRAVO!!!

FWIW, my dedicated music listening room is just 9ft (front wall), 10ft (side walls) and ceiling of 11ft! Yes Dave, as you alluded to, the Sierra V2 RAAL Towers Will Be MY End-Game Audiophile Speakers!!!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 07-26-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Dave,

After 250 hrs of a steady diet of acoustical music (round the clock for 10+ days), the Sierra RAAL V2 Towers have broken in Very Nicely! My "listening sessions" have taken up about 10% of that daytime music playback, but found the time today to install the tower spikes!

Either you didn't want to influence my findings, or just not sure what to expect from me (as I always seem to keep you guessing)! I did remove the rear spike lock nuts and set a rearward slant of about 4-5 degrees with the front spikes...the 2-channel acoustical Soundstage Improvement has been Immediate and Undeniable!

Biggest change was midrange detail and clarity. Performance acoustics sound more real, open and live, with transients, clarity and imaging taking a big leap forward! Soundstage presence and 3D holographics now allow the towers to totally disappear (width beyond 30ft) as recorded venue ambiance and musician placements have become even more natural, accurate and real! My previous venue depth of 40 ft (Sierra-2EX) now stretches to 60ft....Truly Amazing! Overall height remains around an all encompassing 50ft!

As you have stated before, the RAAL V2 Towers CERTAINLY EXCEED my 2EX V1 monitors in every aspect of music reproduction (no easy feat)...BRAVO!!!

FWIW, my dedicated music listening room is just 9ft (front wall), 10ft (side walls) and ceiling of 11ft! Yes Dave, as you eluded to, the Sierra V2 RAAL Towers Will Be MY End-Game Audiophile Speakers!!!

Ted
    Nice, Ted! I won't deny that I'm a bit envious of those towers! I am thoroughly enjoying my 2EX V2's however. Powered by Van Alstine M225 mono blocks with dual Rythmik F12's, it is sublime. My two buddies were super impressed with the Sierras, and one of them has Aeriel 7T towers powered 700 watt Musical Fidelity mono blocks, and the other guy has some Satori Sasandu Textreme towers with active crossovers and 3 amps per speaker.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I've read about a horizon ELX center channel but don't see it on the website (I just see the Horizon V2). Is it still available for purchase?

Yes, it is. You need to call Ascend for the ELX (even the Tower ELX version wasn't on the website the last time I looked).
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD