Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: We Saved The Best For Last!

Default Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

No worries, Dave. The only good things about the flight being so late were:
    1. I didn't have to deal with Rio traffic - it's normally about 40 minutes or more just to the bridge when the flight is on time. I did it in about 10 that night I arrived.
    2. Got to listen to some more music on the upgraded Towers... streamed the first Iron Maiden album (probably my favorite by them)...sounded fantastic -- great instrument separation, wide soundstage, more detail then V1 (although this may be in part was playing louder then I normally do). Others have commented on the V1 being a bit "constrained" (although still an excellent speaker) with the ELX upgrade eliminating that -- I definitely concur.

When I get home, I will need to rerun ARC Genesis room correction after REW as want to redo EQ on my subs. Also, set up a profile to listen to the Towers full range (currently have an 80 hz x-over) and/or listen via my RP5 which is full range by default.
    Last edited by racrawford65; 03-16-2023 at 04:39 AM.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Kits for Titan tower v2 have arrived. That was fast...now to methodically plan the next steps...most likely tomorrow.

Just want to give Dina and Dave a big thanks...for putting up with me....lol.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

You have all night to install. Why wait for tomorrow when there is time today. ��
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Worked today....did some running around and stuff...like to approach this with a clear mind...lol.

Smile Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

Refitting the horizon...everything was fine...the one exception came on the left side bass driver. The brown n black leads from crossover...are short...perhaps I should have mounted it close to inner edge besides the mid and RAAL enclosurer...even during the dis-assembly I gently had to use needle nose pliers to dis connect the tabs...but the final re connect phase its just not possible...placing the driver near cut-out and using pliers to attach...any ideas.

I wonder, if if could extend those leads by splicing & adding wires from old crossover...about 2"...idk...??

Screenshot_20230319_164753_Gallery_copy_270x600_1_copy_108x240.jpg removal phase
    Screenshot_20230319_164846_Outlook_copy_270x600_1.jpg re installation phase

Any thoughts, if extender idea is feasible...even if I installed the v2 as described prior...I'd barely gain enough wire anyways. I'd hate like hell to have to redo everything...I've spend about ~3rs....I might have to call Ascend tomorrow for advice..
    If my plan...is not advisable.

TIA,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Refitting the horizon...everything was fine...the one exception came on the left side bass driver. The brown n black leads from crossover...are short...perhaps I should have mounted it close to inner edge besides the mid and RAAL enclosurer...even during the dis-assembly I gently had to use needle nose pliers to dis connect the tabs...but the final re connect phase its just not possible...placing the driver near cut-out and using pliers to attach...any ideas.

I wonder, if if could extend those leads by splicing & adding wires from old crossover...about 2"...idk...??

Screenshot_20230319_164753_Gallery_copy_270x600_1_copy_108x240.jpg removal phase
    Screenshot_20230319_164846_Outlook_copy_270x600_1.jpg re installation phase

Any thoughts, if extender idea is feasible...even if I installed the v2 as described prior...I'd barely gain enough wire anyways. I'd hate like hell to have to redo everything...I've spend about ~3rs....I might have to call Ascend tomorrow for advice..
    If my plan...is not advisable.

TIA,

Bill
    Hey Bill,

With the Horizon crossovers, there should be 1 pair of black/brown (woofer) wires that are quite a bit longer than the other pair of brown/black wires. Please confirm and thanks in advance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi...I double checked both appear to similar in length. I sent you photos via Email...I cant format them at this time to upload from site.

Smile Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

Apparently I'm the first V2...kit customer....

Anyway...everything is being resolved...so I have a bit more work ahead...but it will be worth it.

Just listening to the towers....very different speakers...indeed. The Titan is warmer and midrange has more depth....the NrT still have that sparkle and the midrange...on the original (V1)....seems very constraint and less coherent vs. the V2 edition.

I have done a video...still figuring out the best way to compress and upload....might need one of the kids...regardless of quality....you will definitely hear a difference. Dave suggested about -2.5- 3db level adjustment for the NrT.

Idk...if the link is accessible...I'd like to figure out a way to upload a public link.

Any advice...is appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bvUrpcyyZkhcjygW7
    Last edited by billy p; 03-20-2023 at 07:51 PM.

Okay....just a quick update...left tower [Titan], right tower[NrT] and the Horizon RAAL is now V2 complete. The new crossover....has opened up the entire midrange...doh I thought it was good before....can't imagine to what level the ELX have taken the Towers...as cumbersome the upgrade procedure was...it was worth it.

Must be the only fool with each dome across my mains...this weekend I'll complete the last tower.

Picked up my ELX RAAL Tower/Horizon upgrade kit yesterday! Thanks Dina and Dave!! Tackled the horizon in the evening and took about 1.5H. I recommend getting a mini ratcheting 1/4” drive (90 degree style) with a small extension to help with installing the screws. The painters tape works wonders also! Happy to report what others have echoed already, the upgrade is amazing and quite noticeable! Really opened up the midrange! I haven’t done the towers yet and I haven’t recalibrated anything, I’m eager to hear everything once I get it all done and dialed tomorrow!

Cheers!

Kind Regards,
    Ryan
    Last edited by rguinoo12; 03-24-2023 at 08:31 AM.