Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: We Saved The Best For Last!

Default Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

Regarding @daveF remark: "As good as the V1/V2 mid-woofer is, the EX mid-woofer has several advantages"

I'm confused. Isn't the label "V2" just another way of saying "EX"? I am a bit confused between the differences between what is being called V1, V2, and the newest EX or ELX. I just ordered an upgrade for my first version of the Sierra RAAL Towers. I think it was called the ELX upgrade. So what is V2?

On the question of video, unless someone beats me to it, I will try to do one. I am getting expert help here in Colorado and I'll be able to create video while my buddy Mike does the upgrade. In fact, he has a youtube channel with some technical videos already, so this might go naturally on his channel. I'll let folks know.

The ELX upgrade includes a new crossover, new midrange, and new woofers. The v2 upgrade keeps all drivers the same but has a crossover upgrade.

slightly off topic, but ELX related anyway. my room is about 15x15 feet, maybe a bit less

I used to have maybe 40 square feet of acoustic panels (mostly 2", some 4" on the sides of the back wall) and I added another about another 45 or so square feet of 4" panels today (ATS Acoustics, not that it matters probably). The front wall has panels mostly just above the TV, but it's two feet of panels all across the ceiling in the front. The back wall has a big double pocket doorway in it, but the rest of that back wall is about 75% covered now. The sides are mostly normal, there's like 8 square feet of panels on each of those.

The difference from doubling up on the panels is ASTOUNDING. Everything may possibly sound 2x as expensive. I've been listening to music for a couple of hours and ... wow, yeah ... should have done this sooner. I'm not going to add more, but this is probably just the right amount.

Now when I turn things up louder, louder is just /better/, it's not louder is too noisy and harsh or anything. Also if you clap loudly, the one clap is like a single percussive event, there's basically no echo to it, so percussion likes it a lot.

If you're in a position to acoustically treat your room some more, it definitely gets my recommendation. Makes those ELXes (+dual Rhytmik F12s) really stand out nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by hilde45 View Post
    Regarding @daveF remark: "As good as the V1/V2 mid-woofer is, the EX mid-woofer has several advantages"

I'm confused. Isn't the label "V2" just another way of saying "EX"? I am a bit confused between the differences between what is being called V1, V2, and the newest EX or ELX. I just ordered an upgrade for my first version of the Sierra RAAL Towers. I think it was called the ELX upgrade. So what is V2?
    V1 Towers are our first generation towers (no longer available unless someone requests them)

V2 Towers are our first generation towers but with a new NFS optimized crossover (listed on our website)

ELX are entirely new and feature an NFS optimized crossover, (2) LX woofers + (1) EX mid-woofer but use the same cabinets as V2. (not yet listed on our website, but available for purchase)

Quote Originally Posted by hilde45 View Post
    On the question of video, unless someone beats me to it, I will try to do one. I am getting expert help here in Colorado and I'll be able to create video while my buddy Mike does the upgrade. In fact, he has a youtube channel with some technical videos already, so this might go naturally on his channel. I'll let folks know.
    Our records indicate you ordered the ELXRT upgrade kit, which is the ELX upgrade kit for ribbon towers. A video of the process will be fantastic and I can guarantee it will bring him some decent traffic and many inquiries!

I look forward to it, and who knows - we may even learn some new techniques.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I know its kinda silly, but does the EXL Tower or Horizon have the same woofer that the Sierra 2 EX uses for the mids? Im not too big of a fan of the copper/gold metallic plug in the center aesthetically.

Quote Originally Posted by plehpleh View Post
    I know its kinda silly, but does the EXL Tower or Horizon have the same woofer that the Sierra 2 EX uses for the mids? Im not too big of a fan of the copper/gold metallic plug in the center aesthetically.
    Yes. Midwoofer in the ELX is the same that is used in the EXv2.

Quote Originally Posted by plehpleh View Post
    I know its kinda silly, but does the EXL Tower or Horizon have the same woofer that the Sierra 2 EX uses for the mids?
    Yes.

Im not too big of a fan of the copper/gold metallic plug in the center aesthetically.
    That is EXACTLY what the grilles are for.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Yes.

That is EXACTLY what the grilles are for.
    Plus 1 to the bolded
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Can I just spray paint the phase plug lol~

Horizon V2 now added to the website with a full suite of measurements!

https://ascendacoustics.com/collecti...40646382485558
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com