Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: We Saved The Best For Last!

Default Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

Dave made a comment on ASR about how the Klippel measurements from ASR to Ascends own measurements cannot be compared to each other because of the environment they were taken in. Thats why I was asking for Ascends measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by 422415 View Post
    Dave made a comment on ASR about how the Klippel measurements from ASR to Ascends own measurements cannot be compared to each other because of the environment they were taken in. Thats why I was asking for Ascends measurements.
    The thread you reference is worth reading. King Klippel is no longer at the top of the food chain.
    Last edited by ahender; 12-06-2022 at 12:50 PM.

I believe his comment was in regards to distortion measurements. Frequency response measurements should be comparable. The purpose of the Klippel NFS is to eliminate the affect of the room on frequency response measurements. As Dave explained in his ASR post, the distortion measurements are done differently and require the use of other Klippel modules to get really accurate measurements. That is why he does not post the distortion measurements publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by TimW View Post
    I believe his comment was in regards to distortion measurements. Frequency response measurements should be comparable. The purpose of the Klippel NFS is to eliminate the affect of the room on frequency response measurements. As Dave explained in his ASR post, the distortion measurements are done differently and require the use of other Klippel modules to get really accurate measurements. That is why he does not post the distortion measurements publicly.
    Either way the charts and scales used by Amir are different than Dave in some measurements. I would prefer some consistency when comparing.

Best place I know of for measurement comparison is Pierre Aubert's website. Among other sources, he collects Klippel NFS data from ASR, Erin's Audio Corner, and Dave who sends him the files directly. Everything should be scaled the same and you can even overlay them using the compare tab. Hopefully these new ELX measurements will be uploaded there soon.

thanks for posting that comparison website link, TimW.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Very cool site!!! As much as some people dislike Amir, what he helped start with ASR makes it so much easier to be a consumer. Now we have Marantz releasing AP measurements for the AV10. Hopefully one day the other manufacturers join in.

ELX Titan info soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural1 View Post
    ELX Titan info soon?
    Yes, certainly by this Friday evening.

We made a big mistake releasing this info during the holidays. I never anticipated this type of reception. Phone calls and emails are literally non-stop, I think I am logging 18 hour work days right now, truly crazy!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by TimW View Post
    This is correct, this was in regards to distortion measurements. I would expect our frequency response measurements to be quite close to other Klippel NFS measurements of the same speaker. There will always be slight differences, the NFS is certainly not a plug-n-play device. Mic positions (tweeter point, starting point), expansion points, # of measurement points all matter, but we are talking a few dB differences at most.

THD measurements are not anechoic, as such the environment and measurement technique used matters a lot. At some point, I do plan on discussing / developing a reliable and repeatable methodology with Amir for using the NFS for measuring THD such that his results would be repeatable by others.

Here is an example.

SVS Ultra Bookshelf THD measured by Erin:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...1m%29.png?dl=0

SVS Ultra Bookshelf THD measured by Amir:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...sur-png.76210/

Both are at 96dB but there are some significant differences.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com