Thread: We Saved The Best For Last!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

No worries, Dave. The only good things about the flight being so late were:
    1. I didn't have to deal with Rio traffic - it's normally about 40 minutes or more just to the bridge when the flight is on time. I did it in about 10 that night I arrived.
    2. Got to listen to some more music on the upgraded Towers... streamed the first Iron Maiden album (probably my favorite by them)...sounded fantastic -- great instrument separation, wide soundstage, more detail then V1 (although this may be in part was playing louder then I normally do). Others have commented on the V1 being a bit "constrained" (although still an excellent speaker) with the ELX upgrade eliminating that -- I definitely concur.

When I get home, I will need to rerun ARC Genesis room correction after REW as want to redo EQ on my subs. Also, set up a profile to listen to the Towers full range (currently have an 80 hz x-over) and/or listen via my RP5 which is full range by default.
    Last edited by racrawford65; 03-16-2023 at 04:39 AM.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD