Thread: Hello from Ram - Charlotte, NC

Default Hello from Ram - Charlotte, NC

Hello All,

I have been using Ascend for the last 5-6 years since I setup my first HT setup. I got a pair of used Ascend 340 SE mains from my friend, bought a 340 SE center & a pair of CBM 170's for surround. Also bought a 12 inch Rythmik sub (LVF12 or LVM12) always confused with the naming.

For quite some time didn't set these speakers properly for a long time, had them under-utilized for most of the time. When I first set it up according to recommended specs, was spellbound with the sound stage. I'm still fairly new to this hobby, but have already tried out many speakers and AV gear. Having moved to a larger size home, I got enough experience to test these speakers individually. I wall/ceiling mounted all my surround and atmos speakers, used 340's as the mains for over 2 years now. And the 170's were still brand new (haven't even broken in). I then moved the 170's to my living room to replace a sound bar. Bought a cheap used sub and tried the 170's.

Frankly this is the time I became a fan of ascend acoustics. I started heavily listening music in the living room.

When I got some budget to upgrade, I went for an expensive brand for my mains in my theater. I then moved my 340's the living room and was extremely happy with it.

After listening to the expensive name brand and ascends, I definitely think I made a mistake, could have given Ascend towers a try.

One of my friends who originally wanted my 170's bought a new home. He wanted all of my ascends as a package. I really fell in love with 340's and didn't want to give that up.

To satisfy him, I bought another pair used. After couple of months is when I saw the SE2 version. I bought that one too. At one point I had 3 pairs of 340 SE with me, just gave the 5 speaker package to my friend and the other used pair donated to my cousin.

Started listening to music in the latest version, have no words to say. Overall they give a very warm feeling and the sound stage is exceptional.

I'm generally not an online forum person, but having enjoyed music from this for so long, decided to sign up!

Great work Dave!

Regards
    Ram
    Last edited by ksr_sundar; 01-15-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Default Re: Hello from Ram - Charlotte, NC

Welcome Ram, I have the original 340SE as my mains and L12 Rhythmic sub and I share your sentiment. They work amazingly well with both music and movies.

Ascend certainly have a wide enough offering to give you plenty of choices if you want to experiment with different speakers, whether that be size (going towers) or different drivers (stay with a bookshelf but with RAAL or LX tweeter, EX or LX woofer).
    Emotiva Fusion 8100 AVR
    Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Main
    Rythmik L12 Sub
    55" LG OLED55CXAUA TV
    Panasonic DP-UB420-K 4K UHD Player
    Seiki SR4KP1 Region-free BD Player
    Roku Premiere+ 4k

Hi MusicHead,

Just setup the 340SE2 in my living room and listened to music for some time. They sounded amazing out of the box, the mids and highs are warmer and exceptional directivity.

Will wait for them to break in before I can do a review.

The only issue I have with 340's is the black vinyl skin is getting peeled after some use. I used blu-tack to stick them to the TP-24 stand. After some time when I tried to take them off the skin peeled of..

Is there a way to replace the vinyl skin?

Quote Originally Posted by ksr_sundar View Post
    Hello All,

I have been using Ascend for the last 5-6 years since I setup my first HT setup. I got a pair of used Ascend 340 SE mains from my friend, bought a 340 SE center & a pair of CBM 170's for surround. Also bought a 12 inch Rythmik sub (LVF12 or LVM12) always confused with the naming.

For quite some time didn't set these speakers properly for a long time, had them under-utilized for most of the time. When I first set it up according to recommended specs, was spellbound with the sound stage. I'm still fairly new to this hobby, but have already tried out many speakers and AV gear. Having moved to a larger size home, I got enough experience to test these speakers individually. I wall/ceiling mounted all my surround and atmos speakers, used 340's as the mains for over 2 years now. And the 170's were still brand new (haven't even broken in). I then moved the 170's to my living room to replace a sound bar. Bought a cheap used sub and tried the 170's.

Frankly this is the time I became a fan of ascend acoustics. I started heavily listening music in the living room.

When I got some budget to upgrade, I went for an expensive brand for my mains in my theater. I then moved my 340's the living room and was extremely happy with it.

After listening to the expensive name brand and ascends, I definitely think I made a mistake, could have given Ascend towers a try.

One of my friends who originally wanted my 170's bought a new home. He wanted all of my ascends as a package. I really fell in love with 340's and didn't want to give that up.

To satisfy him, I bought another pair used. After couple of months is when I saw the SE2 version. I bought that one too. At one point I had 3 pairs of 340 SE with me, just gave the 5 speaker package to my friend and the other used pair donated to my cousin.

Started listening to music in the latest version, have no words to say. Overall they give a very warm feeling and the sound stage is exceptional.

I'm generally not an online forum person, but having enjoyed music from this for so long, decided to sign up!

Great work Dave!

Regards
    Ram
    Hi Ram,

Welcome to our forum! I am thrilled you are enjoying the 340SE2!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave - is there a plan to move the forum to the new UI (www.ascendacoustics.com)? My browser has already started complaining about "unsecured connection". Please move the forum asap.

Quote Originally Posted by ksr_sundar View Post
    Dave - is there a plan to move the forum to the new UI (www.ascendacoustics.com)? My browser has already started complaining about "unsecured connection". Please move the forum asap.
    Our forum is hosted on a different server, this is best practice for security purposes. We do not have any plans to move the forum, although we will, at some point, change the look to better match our new website.

The issue you had today was simply that Let's Encrypt (the company that issues our forum's security certificate) experienced some downtime. Unfortunately, things like this do happen on occasion.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

:d :d :d