Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    Hi Dave,

Are you going to be offering a center channel version of the new 340SE2 at launch as well?

I currently have the original Sierra S2s for my front speakers in my main room, and then 170SEs for my surrounds. I have been more than happy with the S2s for the last 7+years, and I've recently been considering upgrading the S2s with the newer EX version 2 upgrade kits.

However, these new 340SE2s have caught my eye and I am now contemplating moving my S2s to another room, and instead putting the new340SE2s in their place in my main HT/music room. I don't see a center version available for ordering yet, so I wanted to see if this is going to be forthcoming.
    New guy here, I was under the impression that the Sierra's were in a class above the 340 and would be superior. Am I mistaken?

Brett.w. No you are not mistaken
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by brett.w View Post
    New guy here, I was under the impression that the Sierra's were in a class above the 340 and would be superior. Am I mistaken?
    The Sierras are a higher class of speaker, but I am discussing potentially using the 340SEs in my main HT (Home Theater) room which is larger, uses two subwoofers, and taking advantage of the 340SEs higher sensitivity and dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    The Sierras are a higher class of speaker, but I am discussing potentially using the 340SEs in my main HT (Home Theater) room which is larger, uses two subwoofers, and taking advantage of the 340SEs higher sensitivity and dynamics.
    Ok that's helpful thanks. I ask because I have a pair of Klipsch RP-280f. Looking at Ascend and I like the price of the 340, but am hoping for a good upgrade in sound and so eyeing the Sierra line.

Very happy to report that 340SE2 cabinets have arrived and production and shipping starts tomorrow. These look fantastic!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Very happy to report that 340SE2 cabinets have arrived and production and shipping starts tomorrow. These look fantastic!
    Excellent! Looking forward to their arrival here in WI. The goal is to have the loudest garage system on the block!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    My wallet is soooo hitching... A pair of new 340SE2 and my current 340SE moved to surround duty are a very intriguing prospect.
    Emotiva Fusion 8100 AVR
    Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Main
    Rythmik L12 Sub
    55" LG OLED55CXAUA TV
    Panasonic DP-UB420-K 4K UHD Player
    Seiki SR4KP1 Region-free BD Player
    Roku Premiere+ 4k

Can't wait to get mine. I ordered 8 htm 200's for surround and atmos and just unboxed a couple Sunday to try out as fronts and am blown away by them. Can't imagine how good these will sound.

First official production run of 340SE2 nearing completion. I am excited to get these out there, the level of performance these offer for the price is unprecedented!

You can also see (2) ELX Ribbon Horizons ready for testing...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Can't wait to hear my pair! Got the tracking number yesterday and can't stop checking it.