Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by txglock View Post
    Thanks, Dave also answered me via email and addressed my concerns. The doorstop suggestion is a good one, would not have thought of that.
    This is what I'm using to angle my center upwards https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Isolat...s%2C145&sr=8-4
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    This is what I'm using to angle my center upwards https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Isolat...s%2C145&sr=8-4
    Thanks, l like that better than doorstops.

Definitely nicer looking.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

I just pre-ordered a pair of these and can't wait to hear them! I have been a member at ASR for years because I like seeing objective evidence of performance before spending my money. It's so refreshing to see a manufacturer respond to bad measurements with investigation and improvement rather than denial and misdirection. Dave seems like a very honest and straightforward guy and I commend him for continuing to produce excellent value speakers. He now has a state of the art measurement system and Ascend speakers look to be state of the art for their price class, making for an excellent value.

Quote Originally Posted by txglock View Post
    Thanks, l like that better than doorstops.
    +1

I use a similar brand on my Sierra Horizon center and it works great. Should be perfect for the 340SE2 center.

Wow! These look amazing! Love to see all the improvements listed and thoroughly explained. Gotta say I am really really hoping to see these trickle down to the HTM-200SE models.as well. Can't imagine a better compact speaker for the price with this next generation.

Is the vinyl wrap the same finish as before where it matches the pedestal stands?

What are the differences when choosing between horizontal and vertical options for the center speaker? Are port plugs included and what low end response can we expect when the port is plugged. Thank you!

@Davef, a question about the frequency response specification:

The Typical In-Room Frequency Response is indicated as 45Hz - 20kHz. However, the Bass Extension (-6db) is 60Hz and the Anechoic Frequency Response is shown as 71Hz - 22kHz +/- 3dB. Those three parameters do not seem to agree with one another. Typos somewhere or am I missing something?

Since the original CMT-340SE (which I own) was specified with a Typical In-Room Frequency Response of 45Hz - 20kHz +/- 3db and the CMT-340SE2 is supposed to have the same bass response and an extended high frequency response, shouldn't the latter be rated something like 45-22kHz +/-3 db In-Room?

Thanks in advance.
    Emotiva Fusion 8100 AVR
    Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Main
    Rythmik L12 Sub
    55" LG OLED55CXAUA TV
    Panasonic DP-UB420-K 4K UHD Player
    Seiki SR4KP1 Region-free BD Player
    Roku Premiere+ 4k

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    @Davef, a question about the frequency response specification:

The Typical In-Room Frequency Response is indicated as 45Hz - 20kHz. However, the Bass Extension (-6db) is 60Hz and the Anechoic Frequency Response is shown as 71Hz - 22kHz +/- 3dB. Those three parameters do not seem to agree with one another. Typos somewhere or am I missing something?
    I don't follow you - they absolutely agree with each other.

Bass extension (low frequency extension) is the point where the bass response is 6dB down. It is actually a bit lower than we published (should technically be 58Hz, i need to change this)

Anechoic frequency response has nothing to do with bass specifications, anechoic frequency response indicates the bandwidth of the speaker that falls within +/- 3dB

Typical In-room bass extension is usable bass output in a typical room, which includes typical room gain (usually a gain of ~6-10dB)

Perhaps you can clarify, what are you confused about?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com