Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

@davef - just a quick note that the "New V2 Edition... Legendary performance now even better!" link text at the bottom of the store page still links to the old SE V1 announcement forum post.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    Hi Dave,

Are you going to be offering a center channel version of the new 340SE2 at launch as well?

I currently have the original Sierra S2s for my front speakers in my main room, and then 170SEs for my surrounds. I have been more than happy with the S2s for the last 7+years, and I've recently been considering upgrading the S2s with the newer EX version 2 upgrade kits.

However, these new 340SE2s have caught my eye and I am now contemplating moving my S2s to another room, and instead putting the new340SE2s in their place in my main HT/music room. I don't see a center version available for ordering yet, so I wanted to see if this is going to be forthcoming.
    The 340SE2 center is now on the site. Couldn't get it completed yesterday, had to confirm a few measurements first.

Happy to know that you have been enjoying your Sierra-2 for so long now - I 100% recommend doing the S2 to S2EX V2 upgrade. As good as the Sierra-2 was - the latest version is significantly better
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Yes, the difference was due to how people placed their center channels when the 340 was first introduced years ago. The situation is a bit different now.

That said, we'll see what Dave says.

Nonetheless, a great speaker. Got to briefly hear it the last time I was at Ascend.
    This is correct. The 340SE2 center is exactly the same as the 340SE2 mains (other than how we orient the product labeling on the back).

I had indeed considered using similar crossover optimizations to compensate for the less than ideal placement of center speakers, as we did with the original 340 center and 340SE center. However, that was a long time ago and after much experimentation - the reality is that today's Auto-EQ systems do a much better job of this type of compensation than we could ever do passively in a crossover. Auto-EQ did not even exist back then - time sure goes by fast!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Perhaps it was these Curtis, that you heardAttachment 2423
    That was a great time!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by drewface View Post
    @davef - just a quick note that the "New V2 Edition... Legendary performance now even better!" link text at the bottom of the store page still links to the old SE V1 announcement forum post.
    Thank you! We fixed it
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Got 3 on order and so looking forward to them, been looking at the 340SE's for years and was super excited to see the new model. I had no idea about the new model just happened to check the website but glad I did. Now I'm considering upgrading surrounds and atmos to the htm-200se, but curious if there will be an upgraded model of those any time soon.

I am very interested in the new 340SE2s and am giving serious consideration to buying 3 speakers to begin my HT setup. I have a few questions and hopefully someone can help answer. 1) I am constrained to placing the center channel in a credenza (or possibly in front of the credenza on a stand) but am worried about the port causing some issues in a cabinet. I could move the speaker forward and angled up within the cabinet to aim at ear level or possibly place it on a stand in front of the cabinet. 2) Also was a bit concerned about the mini-towers being at a different height vs the center, so was wondering if the speakers come with spikes for mounting on a carpeted floor vs on the stands. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by txglock View Post
    I am very interested in the new 340SE2s and am giving serious consideration to buying 3 speakers to begin my HT setup. I have a few questions and hopefully someone can help answer. 1) I am constrained to placing the center channel in a credenza (or possibly in front of the credenza on a stand) but am worried about the port causing some issues in a cabinet. I could move the speaker forward and angled up within the cabinet to aim at ear level or possibly place it on a stand in front of the cabinet. 2) Also was a bit concerned about the mini-towers being at a different height vs the center, so was wondering if the speakers come with spikes for mounting on a carpeted floor vs on the stands. Thanks!
    As long as you have some clearance (roughly equal to port diameter) between back of center speaker and back of credenza, should be ok. I ran an S2 as center for awhile - on top shelf of my entertainment center which has a back extending upwards to mount a tv. No issues with port noise. Door stops work great for angling the speaker.

As to spikes, I don't know whether or not they are included with the speakers. That said, you'll probably want them on stands anyways to get the tweeter close to ear level. Ascend has their TP24 stands.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    As long as you have some clearance (roughly equal to port diameter) between back of center speaker and back of credenza, should be ok. I ran an S2 as center for awhile - on top shelf of my entertainment center which has a back extending upwards to mount a tv. No issues with port noise. Door stops work great for angling the speaker.

As to spikes, I don't know whether or not they are included with the speakers. That said, you'll probably want them on stands anyways to get the tweeter close to ear level. Ascend has their TP24 stands.
    Thanks, Dave also answered me via email and addressed my concerns. The doorstop suggestion is a good one, would not have thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by txglock View Post
    Thanks, Dave also answered me via email and addressed my concerns. The doorstop suggestion is a good one, would not have thought of that.
    thanks for the follow-up.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD